The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!

Go down 
+3
DeathCult
S.D.
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! Empty
PostSubject: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 pm

BOW BEFORE THE STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dusted this classic off for the first time in a while today... and nearly had a cardiac infarction when I realized that "SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE" will be TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD in 2010. Good Lord!! Can I really be THAT OLD?? pale

Amazingly, it still holds up and still blows away every single one of the so-called new jack "metalcore" bands that have followed in their wake.

Any other fans? I know there's gotta be. Otherwise, Sergeant "D" is coming... and you're on his list!!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:34 am

shit man, I think I've had copies of this in every format imaginable.

...and yes, WE are that fucking old!

It's been awhile since I listened to it, but I have the entire thing memorized. I used to date this chick that LOVED this album...she played the cassette constantly in the car. That was just about her only redeeming quality. I used to tell her that "pre-menstrual princess blues" was about her.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 am

detuned wrote:
..and yes, WE are that fucking old!

Don't remind me dammit! Laughing

But seriously... I was fifteen when that album came out. It was not a good year for me (I was going through my "awkward phase" as they say) so that album was like cheap therapy for me. I'd go to school, hate every minute of it, do my best to avoid getting my ass kicked, then I'd go home and fucking CRANK that album and it would all go away. Hahaha!!

I actually heard a good hunk of this album before it was even released. My brother and I used to listen to a cool punk/hardcore/metal show on New York University's radio station called "HellHole" (which, last I checked, was still running all these years later, believe it or not!). The guys from Anthrax, being locals, were big fans of the show so they'd drop in on the studio un-announced all the time and take over the proceedings (haha). So anyway, one week, Scott, Charlie and this guy I'd never heard of before called Billy show up in the "HellHole" studio with a "virgin white test pressing" of the S.O.D. album -- thus "HellHole" provided the album's "World Premiere." They must've played about half of that record during the show, and my bro and I both fell in love with what we heard!!

I remember the DJ kept screwing up the name of the band, he kept going "OK, here's another track from Scott and Charlie's Soldiers of.... Storm of... what the hell is this thing called again?" and they'd all holler "STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH!" It was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:39 pm

One of the best albums ever psycho killer!
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Thats an AWESOME album.....now which is better S.O.D or M.O.D? I'd probably go with M.O.D actually.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Stender wrote:
Thats an AWESOME album.....now which is better S.O.D or M.O.D? I'd probably go with M.O.D actually.

Nah, no fuckin' way. M.O.D. was good and all, but S.O.D. had such an intensity to them. Plus, Danny Lilker was in there, what more do you need.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 pm

M.O.D. had their moments but didn't even come close to recapturing the genius of S.O.D.

Which reminds me, what did y'all think of the second S.O.D. album (BIGGER THAN THE DEVIL)? Again, it had its moments, but I almost wished they hadn't bothered. After fourteen years or fifteen years there was really no way those guys were gonna recapture lightning in a bottle like that. Though I will admit, "Celtic Frosted Flakes" was pretty fuckin funny.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:42 pm

I actually really dig the first M.O.D. record (aside from some of the overt racism). Some great funny ass tracks on there. But they got worse with each album.

favorites:
Ode To Harry!
Don't Feed The Bears!
The Ballad of Dio!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 pm

I've gotten promos of the last two M.O.D. albums to review over the past couple of years (THE REBEL YOU LOVE TO HATE and the most recent one, RED WHITE AND SCREWED) -- and they were both pretty much flogging the old S.O.D. sound with a different set of players. I think Billy's pretty much typecast himself.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:50 pm

BIGGER THAN THE DEVIL was iffy at best, the aforementioned Celtic Frost Flakes is one of the only songs I really liked. They really should've just left it at one album
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 am

SEOD is a classic album indeed! I haven't jammed it in a while so I need to revisit it. The second album had its moments for sure but nowhere near the first one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:09 am

I got a new cell phone today... and I chose "March of the S.O.D." as my new ringtone....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Whatever happened to Celtic Frost?
Is it true that they got lost
In the Pandemonium
Never to be seen again??
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Whatever happened to Celtic Frost?
Is it true that they got lost
In the Pandemonium
Never to be seen again??

lol!

DIE YOU BASTARD!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 pm

This song makes me wanna start up an old school circle pit... problem is if I did that now, I'd probably break a hip. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:06 am

Shawn D. wrote:
I actually really dig the first M.O.D. record (aside from some of the overt racism). Some great funny ass tracks on there. But they got worse with each album.

favorites:
Ode To Harry!
Don't Feed The Bears!
The Ballad of Dio!

I listened to U.S.A. For M.O.D. last night and a couple of their other albums for the first time in a long time. U.S.A. is still a great record, an outright crossover classic! Surfin' M.O.D. isn't bad for a parody of the whole surfer culture (and pretty nicely shows the similarity between surf rock and punk), and does have some pretty good musical interludes. Gross Misconduct isn't bad either, but after that it's pretty much just assorted songs that are alright. I didn't make it to any of the newer ones though, I got bored and couldn't take anymore, so I'd be interested to hear what you thought of them Freddy. lol!

By the way Shawn, my friend JT punched Milano right in the face at Jaxx for shouting that song right at him, so justice was served at least once.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:12 am

I have a feeling it's not the first time Milano has been punched in the face.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 am

I totally dig this album! One of my co-worker/friends use to jam this at parties!

"douche crew, douche crew...."

a fun album to blast in the car.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:16 am

I finally picked up the "platinum" edition of this album a coupla months ago. I haven't heard it in probably 20 years, but as soon as I popped it into my car stereo, I had a huge grin on my face and it took me back in time.

When I first saw it in the cd racks, I almost passed, thinking "this is gonna sound really dated, cheesy, etc." Maybe it's just nostalgia talking, but this album is still a great fun listen.

I even turned it on to one of my co-wokers. Young kid, early/mid 20's, but a big surf board and skate board fan and listener of hardcore punk music. But he only knows Scott Ian from his multiple appearances on VH-1.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:24 am

Albums like this (and We're The Meatmen And You Suck) just don't date. Idiocy/lunacy that jams always has a place.

The humor quotient keeps it fresh.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:38 pm

chewie wrote:

a fun album to blast in the car.

Yeah, it is, this one was our personal favorite to shout in the car back then:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!   SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Several Species of Small Furry Animals... :: Cities On Flame...-
Jump to: