The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Night Gallery

Go down 
+2
Cruel Angel
Akeldama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:50 am

My bro was telling me about this series, (I've never watched it), during a conversation about the Twilight Zone and Rod Serling, creator and host of Night Gallery so I was wondering if anybody here used to/watches it and what you think of the show. It featured the likes of Joan Crawford, John Astin, Steven Spielberg, Leslie Nielsen and Burgess Meredith and adaptations of stories from Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Haunter Of The Dark
Cruel Angel

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 am

I have only seen a couple of episodes so far... I have all of the dvd releases so far (Seasons 1 and 2) but I haven't gotten to them yet. I need to work my way through my backlog of regular movies I haven't watched yet before even trying to tackle all the series dvd's that are waiting.

I think with any anthology series, just due to the nature of the format, you will always have a hodgepodge. Different writers/ source material, wide scope of plots, settings, etc.

The other anthology series on my back burner are- Thriller (season 1 of the UK series), Tales of the Unexpected (Roland Dahl's series), Hammer House of Horror, and Night Gallery. I also need to finish watching season 3 of the 80s TZ and season 2 of Friday the 13th the series. Eventually I will have to pick up season 1 of Amazing Stories, simply because I loved the episodes Mummy, Daddy and The Amazing Falsworth. Too bad they didn't release season 2... but they are available streaming on Netflix. Eventually I will probably check out the Ray Bradbury Theater series from there and see if that one is any good.

There was a report that the US made Thriller (60s series hosted by Boris Karloff) would come out sometime this year. That will be a blind buy for me... I have heard great things about it, and it will be a complete series release- all three seasons in one set.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:05 am

Night Gallery was a logical extension from The Twilight Zone. It's essentially the same setup with a darker hue to the proceedings. Steven Spielberg made his directorial debut on the series.

There are some memorable episodes and it's definitely worth watching, but it's not quite in the same league as TZ in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

I quite liked the episodes I'm familar with, I picked up on this as a kid before TZ because of the darker overtones and more horror themed stories. Pickman's Model is still one of my favorite adaptations. Along with the episode that had that creepy ass doll in it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm

I happened to be checking what was on Dish last night and at 9:30 Night Gallery was coming out so I watched it and I liked it. I need to watch more of this stuff.
Back to top Go down
kmorg

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 am

Used to own this on VHS.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 am

The episode where the guy in the painting keeps getting closer to the house...and closer...and closer...

That creeped me the hell out when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:28 pm

I gotta see that one! I need to buy the DVD's.
Back to top Go down
mrknaughty

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:08 am

Night Gallery was a logical extension from The Twilight Zone.
it's fine........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Night Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Gallery   Night Gallery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Gallery
Page 1 of 1