The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodrock Anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Any fans of this good ol' band from Texas? Bloodrock had some great tunes, great musicianship and oft' times twisted lyrics. They had two phases from the S/T to U.S.A. they were a blues based rock band with a psychadelic edge and from Passage to Unspoken Words they were in the vein of Jethro Tull (which lost a lot of fans). I like both inceptions and the only album I lack is the aforementioned Unspoken Words which is available on a 2-Disc set entitled Tryptich also featuring Passage & Whirlwind Tongues.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:41 am

I guess no one is a fan? I'm at home where I can only get sucky dial-up so tomorrow at work I'll youtube a couple of videos and post them.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Honestly, this is a band that I've heard of but never actually heard. I'll check out that clip later this evening when I have access to Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Cheater is my fave Bloodrock song especially b/c it has a thick-ass bass tone, and that's one thing I like about this band.

D.O.A. is their most popular and is definitely morbid!

I tried to find some vids on youtube of their "Tull" era but to no avail so I recommend the songs Scotsman and It's Gonna Be Love for their Yes meets prog era Ambrosia sound.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Bloodrock is really an awesome band, I hadn't heard of em' till Tokesta passed me some and then realized I had heard some of there stuff without ever hearing about them, think my dad had some, I had a comp album with D.O.A on it so that was the only song I had ever heard that I remembered. But they are a great band and I'd say quickly became a fav of mine, thanks Tokesta. Allso love that Rutledge solo album even though it's not so Bloodrocky.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 pm

I wish you blokes would give Bloodrock a decent chance.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 am

I see the name alot but have yet to listen to them. I actually had them confused with Bloodgood til I listened to these samples here. Now that I know it's a different band, I'll delve into them further.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 am

Personally I like USA the best. What did you think of the clips DC?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:19 am

The only one that actually played was "Cheater", the other ones got taken down by youtube. Pretty good song, I like it better when it gets uptempo though, the bass is the best part of the song. Was surprised to see they were from Texas.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah, the bass is the best part. There's a certasin connection between they and Sab and Bakerloo hence the thick ass bass.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Start w/USA DC, then in order from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bloodrock Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock Anyone?   Bloodrock Anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodrock Anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: