The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread

Go down 
+7
gershom
MetalGuy71
Akeldama
Fat Freddy
Stender
DeathCult
S.D.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:02 pm

I'm down, FF...
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Noooooo, why must vacations come to an end? I have to go back to work tomorrow and deal with other peoples shit (literally) again, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. Razz
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm

gershom wrote:
Noooooo, why must vacations come to an end? I have to go back to work tomorrow and deal with other peoples shit (literally) again, and I'm not looking forward to that at all. Razz

Dude, vacations never last...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Well now, considering that tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I had that interview and I've had no communication from the department other than an e-mail thanking me for my time and saying "We'll let you know either way when our decision is made," I'm starting to think that I got shafted again.

... so who's up for some flamethrowerin'?

It's official, I didn't get the gig. Fuck this place.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:28 pm

My condolences Freddy. I too recently got passed over for an open position in my company. In hindsight, I think I dodged a bullet. But it still would have been nice to be given a shot.

Especially when I asked if there would be an opportunity, told 'no' right to my face, then see some new kid hired a month later.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Thanx MG. I'm just pissed cuz I really thought I had this one in the bag. Though I suppose the fact that they maintained radio silence for two weeks after my interview was a pretty big ole neon sign.

But anyway, my supervisor called me today and asked me if I'd heard anything from H.R. and I sez "nope, but considering how long it's been, I think I'm getting the hint." She suggested I call H.R. anyway, and ask if they were still interviewing or if the position had been filled. I took a quick look @ our company Intranet site under "Open Positions" and the job was no longer listed there, so I didn't even bother calling H.R.

... but after I sat and stewed for a while I finally went 'fuck it,' and I called the guy who'd interviewed me directly. (Maybe that's a douchey/creepy/stalker kind of thing to do but at that point I didn't really care.) He sez he was sorry, and that he had been really meaning to e-mail me (riiiiiight, suuuuure you were) to let me know that they went with another candidate. Then he has the balls to say "But hey, thanks for coming down, and good luck." It took every ounce of restraint I had not to reply "Yeah, well, fuck you too."

That was at 3:30 this afternoon and I swear to God I damn near packed up my shit and walked out right there. Maybe I should've. I am so sick of this shit.

...and worst of all I don't even have any fuckin' beer in the house!! I could really use one or six right now.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Sorry to hear you didn't get the position man, let the douche bags fellowship with each other, your better then that man. Just keep an eye open for the better opportunity to come along, and on the bright side at least you still have a paycheck coming in, so screw em.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanx man. I just need a drink, and to vent.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Yeah, a paycheck would come in handy about now here as well. Sorry you didn't get the job man.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanx fellas. I know I should be grateful that I at least have a paycheck, but this is getting fuckin stupid.

Maybe this sounds reaaaally naiive, but I was raised to believe that when you grew up, you did some schoolin', and when your schoolin' was done, you got a job, and if you worked hard at your job, all of your hard work would eventually be rewarded.

WELL I'M READY GODDAMMIT!! Fifteen years I've been working for that fuckin company. At the very least I should have had my own cool little office with a mini fridge and a Keurig coffee maker by now, and a couple of minions to do my evil bidding. But apparently I didn't suck enough corporate cock to earn any of those things.

...bear with me, I'm jacked up on Rum & Cokes cuz I have no beer.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 am

That sucks!!!!

Here's a virtual beer for ya:
The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 Boddingtons-pub-ale
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:26 am

Mmmmmm, beeeeeeer.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 am

I'm sorry to hear that Keith. I know how you feel. I've hit this virtual glass ceiling here at my job and I can't go any further up unless someone dies or quits so I just keep coming to work to sit in my seat and surf the web for $15 an hour. Boring, yes, but at least I'm not digging ditches for a living. My apologies to anyone who digs ditches for a living, because that must SUUUUUCK.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:51 am

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 Jager10

This is what brings me comfort after a shitty day of work, or sometimes just to get the courage just to go to work. Cause cleaning out college students puke and piss splattered restrooms sometimes seems worse then ditch digging.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:51 am

That really sucks!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thanx fellas. I know I should be grateful that I at least have a paycheck, but this is getting fuckin stupid.

Maybe this sounds reaaaally naiive, but I was raised to believe that when you grew up, you did some schoolin', and when your schoolin' was done, you got a job, and if you worked hard at your job, all of your hard work would eventually be rewarded.

WELL I'M READY GODDAMMIT!! Fifteen years I've been working for that fuckin company. At the very least I should have had my own cool little office with a mini fridge and a Keurig coffee maker by now, and a couple of minions to do my evil bidding. But apparently I didn't suck enough corporate cock to earn any of those things.

...bear with me, I'm jacked up on Rum & Cokes cuz I have no beer.

I had that revelation of my own a coupla a years ago with my job. Now I'm pretty much just riding it out till I retire or die. Our company doesn't reward talent. It rewards the butt kissers and yes men. Neither of which I could ever be.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:08 pm

I've managed to land a "as needed" gig doing AV work at a hotel in Koreatown, wish me luck that I get enough hours to pay my rent and eat.

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
I've managed to land a "as needed" gig doing AV work at a hotel in Koreatown, wish me luck that I get enough hours to pay my rent and eat.

Good luck!!!!! I'm glad you got something!!! At least you have some income while you look for a job!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Good luck, SD.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm

First day went well...but of course I got a damn parking ticket so that essentially canceled out the majority of it. What fucking luck I have.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:56 am

That sucks man, hope today is a better day for you.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:15 pm

..............and today will be better!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:23 am

Bosses are Douche bags full of shit. The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 419322224
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:16 am

gershom wrote:
Bosses are Douche bags full of shit. The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 419322224

Usually. I hate the ones that micro manage. It's annoying, you just want to hit them with a shovel at some point.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:44 am

DeathCult wrote:
gershom wrote:

Usually. I hate the ones that micro manage. It's annoying, you just want to hit them with a shovel at some point.

cheers fer sure man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next