The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread

Go down 
+7
gershom
MetalGuy71
Akeldama
Fat Freddy
Stender
DeathCult
S.D.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 1:31 pm

That sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Hell yeah work sucks I'm not looking forward to going back.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm really gonna vent and feel sorry for myself here:

I should have never taken this other job, I am just not good at talking people into buying life insurance. My wife says everything is going to be okay, but I haven't felt normal since I started doing this and NOT bringing in a steady paycheck!

....and I can't go back because I did not take a sabbatical/leave of absence. If I go back now I would have to start at the bottom again at a waaaaaay lower wage and no senority.

I do have an interview coming up with a national company that would be much better for me. Training starts in December but I am just so impatient because I know I'm on borrowed time at this place(I'm either going to get fired for bad performance or I'll quit). I also have another app. that is still being looked at by the recruiter. I just want to nail an interview and get back on track and hate my steady job like a normal person. I really feel like I'm falling apart here. I do not like feeling the way I do right now...

I just feel like I made one of the worst decisions that I have EVER made. I also feel like a dumbass, as well!!!!

Hopefully in another month things will be back to normal.

Thanks for reading......... if you did.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:13 am

Yeah, Joe, I read. I know what it's like to hate a job. I have nothing really to say and I know that wasn't your purpose of venting but I do honestly hope and believe things will turn around for you bro. POSITIVE VIBES.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:12 pm

I do have an interview coming up in November. I'm just going to quit this life insurance job since I am spending more money in gas than I am making. I should have never taken a commission only job!!!!!!

That's about to change, though! Smile
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:47 am

Dang Chewie, hope the right job comes your way man.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Well Progressive passed me up and I lost that insurance job Sad.

Well here's to the next job. I think I'm going to go to school to actually learn IT stuff (I taught myself to write code a few years ago, so I do have the nack) and become a skilled worker, but until then the job search continues.............

So I'll be laying low. I never thought that this would have happened. I haven't been unemployed in 15 years. I don't like it!

I so fucked everything up!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Well good luck man, jobs are hard to come by. It still doesn't curtail the appeal of leaving my job...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Well I just talked to ITT to get an IT degree of some sort. So many IT things to do. I don't know which one I like the best.

And then, out of the blue, The Jackson Lab emails me for an interview for the Animal Care Trainee I position. I did not expect to hear from them. I just put in that app for the hell of it. Now lets see if I can do it!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 am

That sounds like good news to me! Good luck, Joe.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Good luck!!! With IT, the first job is the absolute hardest one to get - you pretty much need to know someone.... but once you are in, you're golden for the most part. If you like coding, Java developers are ALWAYS in need. Ruby is the new "hot" language, but no one is really sure how far it will go at this point (hell, people through Java wouldn't last...)

If you can code and love it, that's the way to go.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks theJOKERiv!

Didn't get the Lab Thing, but I still have another interview callback from a credit union. I HATE being unemployed, it SUCKS!!!!

I found coding fun but damn it is complex!

I've been putting apps in pretty much everywhere.

Now if I could just stop beating myself up for leaving my grocery job......
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:14 am

I might go the medical coding/billing route, instead.

It seems that all the good jobs require a B.A. for IT. Can anyone speak to that? Would I be ok with an Associates?
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm

chewie wrote:
I might go the medical coding/billing route, instead.

It seems that all the good jobs require a B.A. for IT. Can anyone speak to that? Would I be ok with an Associates?
Depends on the company and the hiring manager - a lot of companies want the Bachelors, but some don;t care.... and with the ones that don't care, some hiring managers want degrees.

If you go the AA degree, you CAN get into the coding jobs (if you can really learn a language fluently) it will just be harder. Usually the HS and AA folks end up doing the tech support, data center tech and network admin jobs. But not always...... the key is to meeting someone who will give you that first shot.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Well, I did get a part time temp job working at a B&N college bookstore for half what I was making. I guess it's better than no work.....

I do have a couple of exams(one with the city and one with the county) this week, we'll see how that goes and a couple of other interviews as well.

Also, I have been attending ITT Technical Institute for IT classes since 12/9 and its going good so far.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Great chewie! I'm actually looking into being a postal clerk myself. I'm tired of the custodial side of things but it's the management and the university that's shitty and not the toilets. I've never put up w/their stupidity but all in all I need a change.

Positive vibes, Joe.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:41 pm

That's funny, I applied for a laborer position at UC Davis!

I just don't feel right not working. I hate to second guess myself, but if I had just shut up and dealt with it, I would still have a good paying job in grocery.

I'd rather be miserable and employed than miserable and unemployed.............
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Well, ya know what they say about desperate times...

I hope for your sake you get something man.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 am

I did have a seasonal job for the month of Jan. and I'm still in school. Just trying to get a part time gig going while I'm studying. Once I get further along I'll start looking for entry level jobs in IT so by the time I'm done I'll already have experience and have my foot in the door.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:29 am

Good luck to all.

After 2 1/2 years working part-time I've finally got a 40 hour per week gig. I'm making less money now than I did when I was 29...but hey, at least I'm working. I had to take a pay cut to get the 40 hours (hired in at a lesser position because that's all that was available) so that sucks, but it's still significantly more a month than I've been living off of so I couldn't turn it down.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:50 pm

The job market sucks so bad here and I'd like to take online classes but w/a job that already sucks life from me every day it'd be hard to commit to classes to better myself...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Well, I made it through the first quarter with A's. Now to the next set... but still no job, yet.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Well that's still damn good, chew. Good job man.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:23 am

Thinking of going back to my old store/company just so I have a job while I'm going to school. Too bad I'll have to start at the bottom, but that's what I get for just straight quitting and not putting in a leave of absence so that I could get reinstated.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:49 pm

This was a great response to see:

Quote :
After reviewing your application we have determined that unfortunately, at the moment, no position is available that would utilize your skills and experience.

I guess that they don't want me!  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread   The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The offical "I HATE WORKING" thread
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next