The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RoboCop Kicks Ass!

Go down 
+3
Akeldama
S.D.
Fat Freddy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:41 pm

I didn't know there was more than 3 till yesterday and now you're telling me there's at least 7?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:17 pm

I've never seen "Resurrection," "Dark Justice," or "Crash and Burn," they were all made-for-TV. The three movies together make one long mini-series called "Prime Directives," they turn up on the SyFy Channel once in a blue moon but I've never caught them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I hear there's a remake of RoboCop in development. I hope that if and when it comes to fruition, it's more like the first two movies than the watered-down version we saw in "3" and the TV show.

Well, it's been a while since I posted in this thread but it appears the that "RoboCop" remake/reboot (whatever you wanna call it) is a go... I believe shooting starts next month. Joel Kinnaman (who?) will play RoboCop and the cast also includes Samuel L. Jackson as a "media magnate" and Gary Oldman as one of the scientists heading up the RoboCop project. (I really, really hope that Samuel sez "I'll motherfuckin' buy that for a motherfuckin' dollar." Haha.) The flick is being directed by a Brazilian filmmaker named Jose Padilha, who's apparently made some action films in his home country that were major box office hits there, but this is his first Hollywood film.

Anyway, I came across this news bit today... cameras aren't even rolling yet and the director's already banging heads with the studio assholes. Uh-oh, this can't be good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RoboCop director José Padilha is reportedly going through "hell" trying to put together the remake.

The Brazilian filmmaker, whose credits include documentary Bus 174 and the Elite Squad movies, has been relaying his struggles with RoboCop studio MGM to friend Fernando Meirelles (City of God, 360).

Speaking to South American publication Cinemacom Rapadura, Meirelles said that Padilha is seeing most of his ideas get shot down.

"I talked to José Padilha by phone. He will begin filming RoboCop [but] he is saying that it is the worst experience," Meirelles said.

"For every ten ideas he has, nine are cut. Whatever he wants, he has to fight [for]. 'This is hell here', he told me. 'The film will be good, but I never suffered so much and do not want to do it again'. He is bitter, but [he's] a fighter."

The Killing star Joel Kinnaman will take on the title role, playing a fatally-wounded cop who is reborn as a cyborg crimefighter. Gary Oldman, Samuel L Jackson, Jay Baruchel, Abbie Cornish and Michael K Williams are among the supporting cast.

Hugh Laurie was in talks to star as CEO of OmniCorp, the company responsible for creating RoboCop, but recently dropped out of negotiations.

RoboCop will arrive in cinemas on August 9, 2013.

Yikes. This sounds familiar. Maybe this Jose guy should call up Frank Miller, whose scripts for Robocop 2 and 3 were ripped to shreds by studio "committees" before they were filmed, sounds like they'd have some stories to share.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 am

It's a co-production between Paramount and MGM (well, Sony, MGM doesn't really exist) so that means there is probably twice as many brass involved as usual for a film like this.

One of my contacts here in town works at Paramount and he said the script for the new Robocop is laughably bad, it's been re-written several times and supposedly gets worse each time they tweak it. (this is the same guy who told me that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter would flop months prior to it being released...he worked on the film and said he saw enough during filming to guarantee he would never watch the completed movie). So I'm kind of trusting his opinion.

I'm predicting a bomb of large magnitude.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 pm

"RoboCop 2" and "3" were on back to back on the Encore Action Channel last night so I recorded'em both onto one DVD, which I will keep inside the sleeve of my "real" DVD of the first film. Cuz that's just how I roll 'n' stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:02 am

I honestly don't remember a single second of Robocop 3, my mind is a total blank. I have a feeling it was my mind's defense mechanism so the film didn't damage my intellect. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

RoboCop will arrive in cinemas on August 9, 2013.[/i]
I'm assuming this didn't happen, since I didn't hear or see anything about it. Hopefully it stays that way
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:13 pm

The new release date is Feb. 14, 2014. That is smack dab in the middle of the Jan/Feb dumping ground.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

S.D. wrote:
I honestly don't remember a single second of Robocop 3, my mind is a total blank.  I have a feeling it was my mind's defense mechanism so the film didn't damage my intellect.  Smile 
It's been a while since I've seen it, but from what I remember....yeah, it's pretty dumb. Very Happy But my anal-compulsive, completist nature wouldn't allow me to skip recording it for the collection.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:45 pm

So the trailer for the Robo-Remake has finally hit teh internetz, and I am less than impressed:

I showed it to my ten year old and he said it looks like "they're ripping off Iron Man." Hahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Wrote a HubPage about the Robo-Remake. Am I lookin' forward to it? Mmmm... not so much. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:47 pm

I will wait until I can illegally download a ripped copy from a bit torrent site, no way I'm wasting my money on this garbage.

Cool 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
I will wait until I can illegally download a ripped copy from a bit torrent site, no way I'm wasting my money on this garbage.  

Cool 
But will it even be worth the space on your hard drive?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Cool 
But will it even be worth the space on your hard drive?? Very Happy

lol! Looks alright, but yeah not worth paying to see. They shoulda put Keaton in the suit it would be Batman 2.0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RoboCop Kicks Ass!   RoboCop Kicks Ass! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RoboCop Kicks Ass!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2