The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Black Crowes

Go down 
+6
Shawn
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
S.D.
DeathCult
Akeldama
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Black Crowes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 pm

No I don't, I figured since I had Lost Crowes that was enough, I didn"t know about the other songs you mentioned. Gotta get them now. They have a lot of rare covers of other people's stuff that I have.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:50 am

Hey chewie, you might like The Elms-Chess Hotel. That is a killer album bro.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:51 am

Here is one of those unreleased songs, "Exit":

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Man, I'm looking for these and to no avail on the formats I want.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Esta es la mejoooor motaaaaa... Laughing
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:38 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Esta es la mejoooor motaaaaa... Laughing

wha?

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Sorry man, I was quoting the end of High Head Blues, one of the dudes says that. And I've always liked it. In case you didn't know what it meant it says, "This here is the best weed". I'm gonna use that as the title of my Crowes playlist.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:26 pm

I would be hard pressed to do a BC playlist. I would end up doing a discography one and then just hit shuffle....
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Believe me chewie, it is tough. I was gonna do 2 volumes, from "Maker to "Side" and "Lions" to "Croweology" but now especially with all the extra stuff you passed me I don't know if I can. I'll prolly do a playlist based on a certain Crowes theme, based on the title I'm gonna give it maybe the more THC inspired(ing) tunes hehe.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:09 pm

I think the main reason I didn't become a huge fan of "The Black Crowes" is because I'm really only a casual fan of the bands they were drawing their primary inspiration from.

The Rolling Stones have some truly great songs, but I only listen to them once every couple years. Other bands of that style even less frequently.

Definitely not a judgement against these groups, it's just that my attention is generally grabbed by other areas.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:43 am

I'm surprised no one brought up the major Grateful Dead influence that showed up on Amorica.

I love the Crowes, loved 'em since they first arrived. Shake Your Money Maker is so damn fun and Talks to Angels is one of the best ballads ever written. They truly matured with each album. But my favorite album of theirs is one I recently discovered, and my wife got it for me on vinyl, and it's one of the most addictive things I've ever encountered:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:20 pm

One of these days I'll get around to upgrading my old tapes of "Shake Your Money Maker" and "Southern Harmony Etc." to CDs.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:56 pm

I never had much of an opinion on The Black Crowes other than Amorica, which I think I listened to once and then forgot about, but recently I moved to a new area, and the radio station plays them almost constantly and they have quickly become one of my absolute least favorite bands ever. Maybe their album cuts are better, but their hits, with that so-incredibly-white blues swagger, all just make me want to do horrible, horrible things to everyone in the band.

"CAN I HAVE SOME REMEDY", no you can't. Shut up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes   The Black Crowes - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Crowes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2