The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Converting M4a's to MP3's?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Converting M4a's to MP3's? Empty
PostSubject: Converting M4a's to MP3's?   Converting M4a's to MP3's? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:25 pm

I recently purchased the new Priestess album Prior to the Fire cd when I saw them live. With the purchase of the cd, you get a card with a code that enables you to download the entire album along with 2 bonus tracks. The problem for me is that they are M4a / AAC audio files (whatever the hell that is) and they play through Quicktime on my work computer. I'm technologically challelenged (ie retarded), so my question is...

Will these m4a files play on my mp3 player and can they be converted to be compatible with my home computer set-up?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Converting M4a's to MP3's?   Converting M4a's to MP3's? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:40 pm

.m4a is an Apple (iTunes file) which is why it's opening in Quicktime. iTunes will convert it from .m4a to .mp3.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Converting M4a's to MP3's?   Converting M4a's to MP3's? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks for that info.

I'm not an itunes user, but it would appear that the best, easiest and safest way to do this would be to download the itunes app, make the conversion to mp3, then delete itunes.

Sound about right?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Converting M4a's to MP3's?   Converting M4a's to MP3's? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 am

or send them to me and I'll convert them for you.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Converting M4a's to MP3's?   Converting M4a's to MP3's? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Detuned wrote:
or send them to me and I'll convert them for you.

I like that option. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting M4a's to MP3's?   Converting M4a's to MP3's? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting M4a's to MP3's?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: