The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER Empty
PostSubject: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:53 pm

THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER 61476A7ZHRL._SS500_

Here's a completely neglected near-masterpiece from Scott Weinrich and co. They somehow manage to effortlessly combine elements of doom, biker rock, progressive rock, experimental noise and a little bit of everything else. All this topped off by flesh ripping solo after solo from Mr. Weinrich.

The rhythm section is just flat out PUMMELING, with one of the most evil bass sounds in recent memory.

Available on CD and LP (with LP only bonus track) courtesy of the fine folks at Southern Lord.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:34 pm

This album was my first exposure to the band. I was just getting started into the whole doom genre and learning who this Wino character was. While I knew virtually nothing about this cd or band, I figured I'd give it a shot based on Wino's involvement.

I picked this one up dirt cheap when Tower Records was going out of business. Just need the Devoid of Color ep to complete the discography.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 pm

I love this album, PUMMELING indeed!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:41 am

All their records are great. It took me awhile to "get" Whiskey Foote, but that one was brilliant as well. Too bad they ended so quickly.

Wino has this tendency to form a band, record 3 albums and some singles, then break up and form another band. It's a recurring theme of his.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am

I haven't found a Wino project that disappoints yet. He's got quite a track record.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I haven't found a Wino project that disappoints yet. He's got quite a track record.

I think it's his honesty. He LIVES his music, it's what he's most passionate about. If he was in it for the money he would have retired a long time ago I'm sure.

When he played SXSW last year, he didn't even bring a band...just hopped on his Harley, strapped his guitar on the back and cruised down to Austin.

What a way to live! I envy him.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Must...have...it...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:14 pm

The S wrote:
Must...have...it...

The LP version is still available from Southern Lord and has a bonus track not on the CD.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Too bad I don't have a record player...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 pm

LOL. I think the CD is still in print also.

http://www.southernlord.com/store.php

...and they are having a sale.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:22 pm

I need to drop some coin @ Southern Lord...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Looks like they also have the 2 CD version of "The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote" with a bonus disc of the "Devoid Of Color" EP for $11.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Detuned wrote:
Looks like they also have the 2 CD version of "The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote" with a bonus disc of the "Devoid Of Color" EP for $11.

Oooooooo, I might have to get that. I already have Resurrection, but it'd be worth it for the ep. That thing goes for rediculous amounts on ebay.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, I'm considering that as well...

I really want one of those Goatsnake "packages" that comes with LP's and a t-shirt.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 pm

I jammed this earlier in the day and I returned for a second helping and am currently on "Desensitized". Great effin' tune and I dig the single version which has the intrumental part split from the vocal part which is heavier than the album version. I still need "Marginalized" though. As much as I dig the acoustic stuff Wino's doing now I'm more than ready for a slammin' new album. The new Saint Vitus wasn't enough b/c he didn't play much guitar on it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:37 am

Akeldama wrote:
Fuck I gotta get these.

http://www.lacemusic.com/wino_lifers.php

Pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:16 pm

I've decided to get a Gibson Firebird and put those Winos in it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:28 pm

I just wish the guy who demo'd the pickups woulda played Doom and Stoner. I think I'll find an Epiphone Firebird to install the Wino's in cuz I'd hate to gut a Gibson.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm

I was in a used shop downtown yesterday and picked up the 'Night Letters' split ep with 2 songs by the Hidden Hand and 2 songs by Wooly Mammoth. Shame it's only 2 songs (one with vocals, one instrumental) but for only $1.99, it was worth it. Now my Hidden Hand discography is complete. I think so anyway.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:21 pm

There was like 2 songs ("Falconstone" and "Rebellion" on some comps that I added to 'Night Letters'. All I lack is "Marginalized". "Welcome To Sunshine" kicks ass, I split it from "Five Points".
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 2:23 pm

A friend asked me to make them a playlist of The Hidden Hand stuff to see if they like them enough to collect their stuff so I'm making one of my personal faves. This is gonna be a tough one.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Ok, here it is:

Sleight Of The Hidden Hand

1. Bellicose Rhetoric
2. Black Ribbon
3. The Crossing
4. De-Sensitized (Side B)
5. Divine Propaganda
6. For All The Wrong Reasons
7. The Key
8. Lightning Hill
9. Magdalene
10. Majestic Presence
11. Purple Neon Dream
12. Rebellion
13. Screw The Naysayers
14. Slow Rain
15. Sons Of Kings
16. Spiritually Bereft
17. Sunblood
18. Tranquility Base
19. Travesty As Usual
20. Vulcan's Children
21. Welcome To Sunshine

I put the tracklisting in alphabetical order for gits and shiggles. Cool 
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER   THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE HIDDEN HAND - MOTHER TEACHER DESTROYER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: