The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:36 pm

So gang, what are your favorite 70's police/action flicks?

Dirty Harry? Serpico? The French Connection?

name your faves.

Last edited by Detuned on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:01 am

I'll name them as I remember them:

Adam-12
S.W.A.T.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
Special Guest

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:18 pm

I always liked the police/detective shows more than the movies. Mod Squad, Starsky and Hutch, Chips, all that good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Oh, my bad! I read fave 70's police sitcoms instead of movies!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:48 pm

I guess the word movies could have been clearer. lol!

Anyway, I was thinking about this topic recently while re-watching Clint Eastwood movies on Netflix. The 70's were a cornucopia for gritty cop flicks. With the freedom of the new rating system, this allowed them to get more realistic than ever. Whether that was completely a good thing or not is open to debate but a topic for another day.

I've always been a fan of William Friedkin since I saw the Exorcist. He directed The French Connection and there's some seriously memorable sequences in that film, including a legendary car chase. So that one would be high on my list.

I'll throw a curveball out there for ya...

FOUL PLAY with Chevy Chase & Goldie Hawn. Yeah, it's a comedy...sort of. But it also takes the suspense "somewhat" seriously and has a memorable villain. The ending sequence at the opera is nicely staged.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 am

I love the first three Dirty Harry movies and The French Connection is a great film, with one of Gene Hackman's, actually let me state that one, with Gene Hackman's strongest performance
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:39 am

manny wrote:
I love the first three Dirty Harry movies and The French Connection is a great film, with one of Gene Hackman's, actually let me state that one, with Gene Hackman's strongest performance

Good point on Hackman. Though I think he's equally as strong in Coppola's "The Conversation" from around the same era.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:40 am

Updated the thread title to include TV shows.

I was a Starsky & Hutch man myself...and BARNEY MILLER! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:50 am

Barney Miller rules!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:00 am

manny wrote:
Barney Miller rules!

Best "funky bassline intro" of all time as well. What a Face
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:19 pm

That cast was perfect on Barney Miller, and it is funny watching that show now, how socially anyway, some of the topics that show took on where some what head of their time.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 pm

The Dirty Harry's, The French Connection, Hawaii 5-O,Barney Miller all great shtuff. I agree with your BM comments manny.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Haunter Of The Dark
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Wow, 70s cop shows? Esp if you include detective shows...

Hawaii 5-0 (scary thing is that I actually find myself wanting to check out the remake this Fall)
Starsky and Hutch
Vega$
Barney Miller
Columbo
Rockford Files
McCloud
Baretta
Kojak
Charlies Angels
SWAT

Damn I watched so much tv back then... cops and sit coms... oh those were the days!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?   Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite 70's police movies & TV SHOWS?
Page 1 of 1