The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cathedral - The Guessing Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn

Shawn

Cathedral - The Guessing Game Empty
PostSubject: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:07 pm

So I got the new Cathedral album The Guessing Game and holy shit!!! It's a twisted, Doom-infused, synthesizer-laden 70s Prog album!!! I can see what all the "fans" are crying about since it's very different for Cathedral, but man I think it's badass!!! I'd file it under Prog if it were up to me...

Last edited by Shawn on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:10 pm

hmmm. Sounds like I need to give it a spin at least, I haven't paid any attention to that group in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:16 pm

You should check it out for sure...I was very pleasantly surprised...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Okay, I FINALLY acquired a copy of this album...only 2 spins through it and I gotta say; WOW! Still manages to sound like Cathedral, but gone is the paint-by-numbers boredom of many of their later albums. This one is truly inspired.

Probably too odd for some, but if you like it experimental, I highly recommend this album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:08 pm

It's on my list. I have most of their older stuff already, so getting this one is a no-brainer for me. I almost won a copy on ebay recently but got outbid in the closing seconds.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Just pick this up today. the second or third song had that weird first Bruford album vibe with the vibes and annette peacock(sp) type singing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 am

I've had this album for almost a month now and I just gotta say WOW. I love it. Cathedral was the first "doom" band I got into, but this album just takes it to a new level. Kinda weird in some places, but I dig it.

If these guys are calling it a day, this album is a fine way to go out as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've had this album for almost a month now and I just gotta say WOW. I love it. Cathedral was the first "doom" band I got into, but this album just takes it to a new level. Kinda weird in some places, but I dig it.

If these guys are calling it a day, this album is a fine way to go out as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Not often a band records it's best album 20 years into their career!

They are going to record 1 more album before they hang it up.

Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:11 pm

I hope they keep up the experimental nature of The Guessing Game...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 6:49 pm

I"m sure they will. I have a feeling Dorrian knew he was going to call it a day, so he's just doing whatever he wants now. What a wonderful freedom that must be...and he's still young enough to start a new band if he chooses.

I hope the guitarist keeps playing afterwards, he's underrated as hell.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 am

The new Cathedral album was awesome, if they keep it up, it's going to be epic.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:47 pm

listening to this album again today and it still sounds AMAZING. It's easily my favorite Cathedral album now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cathedral - The Guessing Game   Cathedral - The Guessing Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cathedral - The Guessing Game
Page 1 of 1