The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums Empty
PostSubject: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:18 pm

What are some albums you've heard that are in the vaults, unreleased etc. that you'd love to get your grubby meat hooks on? Here's A couple that come to mind:

Motley Crue-Personality # 9: The follow-up to 1994's S/T featuring John Corabi On Vox, it is rumored to be done but once Vince went back they scrapped it and used some of it for Swine and changed some of the lyrics and made it more with the times. Personality #9 was gonna be different than it predecessor but not in the direction that Swine took.

Personality 9 - demo

1. Wrote My Name In Blood
2. The More You Talk (The More I Hate You)
3. I Die To Watch Us Live (You Live To Watch Us Die)
4. La Dolca Vita
5. Starfucker
6. Take Me In Your Wings
7. The Year I Lived A Day
8. She's My Beauty (renamed 'Beauty'
9. I Gotta Find Myself (renamed 'Find Myself')
10. Afraid Of This (renamed 'Afraid')
11. 57
12. Falling Up
13. We Belong
14. Black Box
15. Melody
16. Sing
17. Backwash
18. The Dog
19. We Belong
20. Kiss The Sky (now an additional track on Generation Swine reissue (2003)
21. Wreck me
22. Flush
23. Let Us Prey
24. Punk 57 (Anybody out there). Renamed to 'Anybody Out There'.
25. Wildchild (Birds)
26. Bang (Glitter) Renamed to 'Glitter'.
27. Rollercoaster
28. She's Gettin' Closer
29. Say Goodbye

Van Halen's follow-up to VH III:

VH III Outtakes:

Thats Why I Love You (available on bootleg, scrapped and replaced by 'Josephina')
Blood From A Rock
It's Not Over 'til It's Over
Why? Because Why

Songs from unreleased 2nd album with Gary Cherone:

Left for Dead,
River Wide,
Say Uncle,
You Wear it Well,
More Than Yesterday,
I Don't Miss You...Much,
Love Divine,
From Here, Where Do We Go?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:18 pm

I wouldn't mind hearing the unreleased stuff from Axl's Chinese Democracy. While I don't have any official track lists or anything, I know there is tons of stuff that was recorded in those 15 years between releases.

Anthrax's Worship Music with Dan Nelson comes to mind as well. Who knows what tracks will be re-used now that Joey's back?

Did any of that Motley Corabi stuff ever make the bootleg rounds or is it safely tucked away somewhere?

I read in Joey Kramer's book 'Hit Hard' that one of Aerosmith's latter recordings, (I forget which one) was recorded without him during his mental breakdown then scrapped and re-done because it didin't have that "Aerosmith sound". Considdering the pop route that their last few albums have taken, I can't imagine how bad this other album could be.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I have three songs from Personality #9, a demo of Let Us Prey and 2 versions of Say Goodbye, Corabi said he'd like to see #9 released but he might use some of it on his solo album.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Well, my main thing would be to get the rest of the unreleased sessions from the Blue Note vaults and get them reissued. Most of these sessions have been deemed "unreleasable" by the person in charge of the reissue program...but not exactly "buying that" since some of these dates have snuck out and made their way into the hands of traders.

I have quite a few of these sessions so far, they were usually a cut or two below the quality of a standard release (maybe a mistake here, a horn squeak there, etc) but man...this was the BEST time in the history of jazz, when all the great players were still around. This stuff needs to come out.

There are complete unreleased sessions by people like:

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers (a studio date from 1959 with Hank Mobley)
Larry Young - Unity Outtakes (an entirely different version of Larry Young's famous Unity album)

Plus sessions by Wayne Shorter, Horace Silver, Grant Green, Stanley Turrentine, Sonny Stitt, Tyrone Washington, Kenny Dorham and the list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Vinnie Vincent- Guitarmadgeddon & the actual correct mastered version of Guitars From Hell. Word around the campfire is there's an offical release of both coming this year, so I'm optimistic at this point still, but we've been promised that 3 times already.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Can't think of any right now - but the "urban legend" AC/DC Back In Black with Bon Scott that doesn't really exist.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:07 pm

The mythical recordings of Hendrix with Miles Davis.

That was planned...but Hendrix passed away before the recording date.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 pm

There's also the Jimi Hendrix/Arthur Lee recordings that were never officially released, one album in which I have actually.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:03 am

theJOKERiv wrote:
Can't think of any right now - but the "urban legend" AC/DC Back In Black with Bon Scott that doesn't really exist.

Yeah man, been drooling over that forever!

Also the Black Sabbath album w/Ozzy after the 'Reunion' album, however many tracks there really are.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 am

Of course there are still the unreleased pre-debut Black Sabbath tracks that haven't been issued.

The Rebel
A Song For Jim
Warning - the full length version had a 12 minute guitar solo, edited down to fit on the record.

There's another song, but the title is escaping me at the moment.

I just saw a bootleg vinyl LP the other day that listed "The Rebel" on it, but I wasn't going to spend $20 to find out.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Metallica-The Presidio Demos. I have them (kinda), somebody just cut and pasted them rather shoddily but it's better than nothing at this point. I'm not much of a Met fan but I really like what I hear from the Presidio sessions.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 6:59 pm

The Alan Parsons Project recorded but never released an all instrumental album called, 'The Sicilian Defence'.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Hard to believe that Alan didn't use some of that material elsewhere, even in their later 80s albums they always had at least 1 or 2 instrumentals per album.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Well that's prolly cuz the label thought the material contained therein sucked. One tune was released as a bonus track on the 'Eve' album but I haven't bothered with the expanded versions.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 pm

In early 1970, Jimi Hendrix recorded an autobiographical song cycle in his Greenwich Village apartment that he titled Black Gold.[1] The tapes consisted of 16 songs, all created by a solo Hendrix armed only with his voice and a Martin acoustic guitar. Near the end of the collection lies an embryonic two-part rendition of his superhero themed funk-rock tune Astro Man, in which Hendrix sings lines from the 1950s Mighty Mouse cartoon theme and makes humorous references to Superman. Other songs from the Black Gold sessions were also further developed in the studio and have surfaced in the Hendrix catalogue (Stepping Stone, Machine Gun, and Drifting), but at least nine of the songs are known to be unique to the tapes.

Months later, at the Isle of Wight Festival, Hendrix gave the tapes to his drummer Mitch Mitchell to have him listen and comment on the necessary rhythm section requirements for recording the songs. After Hendrix's death in September 1970, Mitchell simply forgot about the tapes, apparently unaware that they were one-of-a-kind masters. For 22 years, the Black Gold tapes sat in a black Ampex tape box that Hendrix tied shut with a headband and labelled "BG".

It was not until 1992 that Tony Brown, the avid Hendrix collector and biographer, interviewed Mitchell and learnt that the mythical Black Gold tapes, thought to have been stolen from Jimi's apartment by vandals who ransacked it for collectibles soon after his death, were lying in Mitchell's home in England. Mitchell also possessed the Martin guitar that was used to create the material. Brown was invited to review the tapes and published a summary of his account, but to date the material has not been released and is not available to Hendrix collectors.

There is a bootleg release called Black Gold but that is a collection of Electric Ladyland outtakes and reahearsals, and does not include the Greenwich Village material. Only Brown and a handful of friends close to Mitch Mitchell have listened to the real Black Gold tapes.

Many aficionados consider Black Gold the "holy grail" of Hendrix collectibles. The themed songs, plus the label markings and conventions used by Hendrix to identify the tapes lead fans to believe that this demo represents a proposed fifth studio album and predict that the material will reveal the broadest extensions of Hendrix's intended musical direction.

Mitch Mitchell's association with Experience Hendrix LLC was an indicator that Black Gold might see worldwide release. Mitchell's death, however, means that the future and whereabouts of Black Gold are even more uncertain. In March 2010, Janie Hendrix stated that Black Gold will be released "this decade".[2] Suddenly November Morning was included in the album West Coast Seattle Boy: The Jimi Hendrix Anthology, released in November 2010. The first track on the Black Gold suite, it was released as the last track on the album. This is the only track from Black Gold ever released.

Tentative track listing:

Side A

Suddenly November Morning
Drifting
Captain Midnight
Local Comotion
Here Comes Black Gold
Stepping Stone
Little Red Velvet Room

Side B

The Jungle is Waiting
Send My Love to Joan of Arc
God Bless This Day
Black Gold
Machine Gun
Here Comes Black Gold
Astro Man (Parts 1 & 2)
I've Got a Place to Go
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 pm

^^Now that would be the acoustic album to have!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm

I remember in the late 90s when I was in high school there was a history of Rock book that had tons of discogs and on it it listed a third Phil Lynott solo album called "Making Love From Memory" or "Making Love Of Memory" I think it was "of" not "from" on the book which I think was a misprint. I searched for a long ass time for that album...

Edit:

MYTH ... Making Love From Memory

One myth, that I can hopefully clear up for you right now, was that Philips third solo album was actually released, under the name of MAKING LOVE FROM MEMORY. After much research by various people I think it's pretty conclusive that a typographical error in a record industry reference manual called PHONOLOG caused this misconception. In fact, Philip's name appeared IN ERROR beside the listing for the LORETTE LYNN box set Making Love From Memory released as MCA MCA5354 in September 1982. Apparently, the LL album had one single, the title track, which did not sell well, and apparently went out of print shortly thereafter.

http://www.trcjt.ca/ab950/lizzy/history.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums   Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Urban Legends, Mythical, Etc. Albums
Page 1 of 1