The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who likes OVERKILL?

Go down 
+2
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Who likes OVERKILL? Empty
PostSubject: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 pm

I like Overkill dammit!! Who's with me?

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

Love em, though I am a fan of the earlier albums the most (especially Taking Over) that album rules like nothing else, there's also some stuff on later albums like Necroshine and I Hear Black I like alot as well

Last edited by DeathCult on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm a diehard, I like pretty much everything they've put out. The only CD of theirs that doesn't get much spin time from me is I HEAR BLACK, that one kinda sucks.

My faves would be:
From the '80s - FEEL THE FIRE
From the '90s - FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND BELOW
From the '00s - RELIXIV

Their new one comes out in January and I'm frickin stoked for it!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm a diehard, I like pretty much everything they've put out. The only CD of theirs that doesn't get much spin time from me is I HEAR BLACK, that one kinda sucks.

My faves would be:
From the '80s - FEEL THE FIRE
From the '90s - FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND BELOW
From the '00s - RELIXIV

Their new one comes out in January and I'm frickin stoked for it!

I need to revisit From The Underground, Ive still got it, but I dont remember it being THAT good. I kept buying up until Necroshine though, some great stuff on a couple of those records. I HEAR BLACK, despite being different, has some GREAT tracks despite some of it sounding phoned in, its good to hear them attempt something else, and IMO pull it off pretty well. W.F.O. on the other hand is irritatingly predictable, only a few songs I find worthwhile.

Last edited by DeathCult on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 pm

On the rare occasion that I do take I HEAR BLACK off the shelf the only songs that I play off of it are "Spiritual Void" and "World of Hurt." The rest just sounds uninspired, like they're going "We're just turning in this stuff half-assed to get the fuck out of our record contract."
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Feel the fire is my favorate, but I'm probably not as huge a fan as you dudes.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:59 pm

classics:
Taking Over
Under The Influence
Years Of Decay
Horrorscope
Fuck You!

near-classics:
Feel The Fire
I Hear Black (I love this record)
Necroshine

I'm not familiar with some of the newer ones, but those above are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:29 pm

The forthcoming album (IRONBOUND) has apparently leaked to the Net already... I'm resisting the urge to go blog-spotting for it at the moment...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:39 pm

EVERYTHING leaks to the net these days...I'm sure in some cases it's the band themselves doing the leaking, it's cheap "buzz" around a new release and can sometimes get word of mouth going prior to release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:50 pm

Yea, that Irish thrash band Gama Bomb released their new album as a legal, free download a couple of weeks ago. According to their Facebook page, it got somewhere in the neighborhood of 30,000 downloads. Not a bad way to raise their profile. If they'd just went ahead and released the album the "usual" way to stores, it probably would've sold about 1000 copies, tops.

I'm still tempted to hit up some blogspots for that new Overkill album, ... I will of course buy the "real" CD when it comes out but till then I'll just feel guilty about it Laughing
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 9:34 am

Okay, here's a sample for you dudes.....

-> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm

I got the download from Detuned, and I love it, good to see they can still kick ass. And, I almost prefer Blitz' voice like this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 am

OK, so I caved and Blogspotted the new album... and it freakin SMOKES!! I am definitely buyin' the CD as soon as it hits the street!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
... and it freakin SMOKES!! I am definitely buyin' the CD as soon as it hits the street!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's definitely a badass album, I'm quite impressed with it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 am

I was in the mood for some Overkill so I looked through my collection and found that I have 25 titles by them so I guess you can say I really dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 am

I have all of their studio releases and a live disc. So yea, I guess I'm a fan. I haven't heard a note of the new one yet, but in anticipation, I've been playing their older stuff.

I'm rotten to the core.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:28 pm

I've also been spinning a good bit of Overkill recently. I'm still most excited by the earlier albums with the original guitarist, but I've like the majority of Overkill's albums.

The one I've been playing the most recently is Years of Decay.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Did any of you guys snag that Overkill live tape Cliffy was handing out over at H.O.M.? It's freakin awesome. Makes me wish I could go to an Overkill gig. I saw'em four or five times back in the day but it's been years, I haven't seen 'em live since around 1994.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Did any of you guys snag that Overkill live tape Cliffy was handing out over at H.O.M.? It's freakin awesome. Makes me wish I could go to an Overkill gig. I saw'em four or five times back in the day but it's been years, I haven't seen 'em live since around 1994.

Thanks for reminding me. He sent me the link, but I forgot to got check it out and download it. Hope it still works.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm going to send him a PM and ask for the FLAC version.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Ironbound kicks friggin' ass! Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:47 am

Akeldama wrote:
Ironbound kicks friggin' ass! Nuff said.

AGREED! Badass album.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Listened to IRONBOUND again a couple of times this week ... still a totally bad ass record. If it weren't for that fucking AMAZING new Accept CD, Ironbound would probably be at the top of my "Best of" list for 2010. It'll have to settle for numero dos.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:37 am

Ironbound is a good record, though I don't get in the mood for Overkill very often. I'm deep into a progressive rock & 60's/70's heavy rock kick right now, but I'll get back around to Overkill eventually.

Taking Over is still the shit as far as I'm concerned.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:02 pm

I liked Ironbound alot. But, Under The Influence is still my favorite, you can't beat Hello from the gutter!!!!

Speaking of which...does anyone else remember when Beavis & Butt-Head watched that video?

a huh huh huh YELLOW BUTTER!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who likes OVERKILL?   Who likes OVERKILL? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who likes OVERKILL?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next