The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comedy Albums.

Go down 
+3
Stender
theJOKERiv
Akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Recommend me some good comedy albums, I have all the Cheech & Chong, the first 4 Adam Sandler albums and one from George Carlin from like the 60's.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Get the two Eddie Murphy comedy albums from the 80's - CLASSIC stuff!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Bill hicks had some killer ones

Dangerous
Rant in E minor
Love laughter and truth

etc..
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:10 am

George Carlin - Class Clown: the first comedy record I ever owned and still one of the funniest.

Those late 70's Steve Martin albums are pretty awesome as well.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Nice, I'll check them out. I prefer skit comedy albums over stand-up but it's all good.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:13 am

Carlin's comedy records were usually very well conceived. They are more like storytelling than standup.

Also, if you like that kind of shit...you need to get some of the Monty Python live albums from the 70's and any Firesign Theater you can get your hands on. National Lampoon did some good skit albums back in the day.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:51 pm

In addition to those already reccomended, get some Richard Pryor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:15 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Especially recommended is the record with "ACID" on it.

...open the pod bay doors Hal...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 pm

If you like singing comedians, I recommend Stephen Lynch. The guy is sick but hilarious.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:46 pm

I got a huge-ass haul of Comedy albums just before Christmas: George Carlin-8 albums, Lenny Bruce-6 disc box, National Lampoon-5 disc box, Firesign Theatre-2 albums, Allan Sherman-6 disc box, Eddie Izzard-3 albums and a box set of rock stars doing promos for things like Coca-Cola, underarm deodorant etc. and a box called 'Brain In The Box' that has all kinds of theme songs etc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Detuned wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Especially recommended is the record with "ACID" on it.

...open the pod bay doors Hal...

My fave Pryor is "Was it Something I Said?" which features "MUDBONE," the first Pryor routine I ever heard, and still my favorite...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/657249/
"N*gga took his feets out the piss and they was HEALTHY! But they was REEEEEEEAL TINY! The N*gga had LITTLE BABY FEETS!"

I'd also recommend Denis Leary's NO CURE FOR CANCER... freakin awesome.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 am

"I went over to this chick's house last night, man, she had the best pussy! (crowd moans) Ah, you guys are sick! I was talking about her cat! (pause) That cat was the best fuck I ever had."

- Steve Martin

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:27 am

Detuned wrote:
"I went over to this chick's house last night, man, she had the best pussy! (crowd moans) Ah, you guys are sick! I was talking about her cat! (pause) That cat was the best fuck I ever had."

- Steve Martin

One of my favorite bits he would do is when he would come out with the matchbox car on the stool with the straw, and say "I'm going to suck this car through this straw." Stand there doing it for a bit then look up and say "You know the stupid part about this isn't what I'm doing, it's that you're watching me expecting something to happen." Hilarious Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Steve Martin's stand-up was brilliant. Anyone remember this clip? This one used to get played on MTV during the channel's very early days.

"Boobs, Jugs, Winnebagos... or Golden Bozos." :lmao:
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:41 am

Golden Bozos? that's a new one to me. I like the women on a pedestal part, what a perv, that's funny stuff, I don't recall ever seeing that. I had to watch it twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comedy Albums. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comedy Albums.   Comedy Albums. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comedy Albums.
Page 1 of 1