The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collective Soul

Go down 
+3
manny
MetalGuy71
Akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Any Fans? I have all their stuff and I must say I'm not much for the '90s Grunge or Alternative but they are freakin' bad ass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:39 pm

I had a copy of their s/t (or 'Blue Album' as it's known) at one point. It was a freebie radio promo copy that I got from work. I liked that song 'Gel', but don't recall much else from that album and ditched it. I think that one was their big seller, so it probably had some other hits on it.

Don't know much about them otherwise. Much of the 90's era grunge/alternative rock and metal that I listened to during that time has been ditched. Not that there was much to begin with. The only bands from that era that I still listen to with any consistancy is Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains. Little bit of Soundgarden too. Playing Temple of the Dog as I'm typing this as a matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Saw them live and they one me over, they even did a cover of 'Crazy Train' when I saw them.

I thought the first album 'Hints' was ok, but it was following that album, the self titled album that MG mentioned that I got into them, and bought next three or four albums they released.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:02 pm

I think Youth and Afterwords are their best.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I had a copy of their s/t (or 'Blue Album' as it's known) at one point. It was a freebie radio promo copy that I got from work. I liked that song 'Gel', but don't recall much else from that album and ditched it. I think that one was their big seller, so it probably had some other hits on it.

Don't know much about them otherwise. Much of the 90's era grunge/alternative rock and metal that I listened to during that time has been ditched. Not that there was much to begin with. The only bands from that era that I still listen to with any consistancy is Stone Temple Pilots and Alice in Chains. Little bit of Soundgarden too. Playing Temple of the Dog as I'm typing this as a matter of fact.

I have that album and like it alot
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:27 pm

My wife is a big fan and I happen to dig them a bit...saw them on the tour for the second album and they were great...and yeah, Afterwords is a good record...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:13 am

I like their S/T I believe it is, they are one of my mother's favorite bands and I heard alot of them at one point. It's not completely my thing, but some of it is pretty rawkin'.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Shawn wrote:
My wife is a big fan and I happen to dig them a bit...saw them on the tour for the second album and they were great...and yeah, Afterwords is a good record...

How do you feel about Youth, Shawn? That is my fave.
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:38 pm

I thought Youth was pretty good, but in all honesty that one and Rabbit are the 2 I have heard the least...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:07 pm

One of those bands I was aware of at the time but never really investigated. As I get older my tastes continue to get more eclectic, so not sure how I'd react to them now.

Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:21 am

I actually like them a little better as I get older myself...same w/ Duran Duran...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collective Soul
Page 1 of 1