The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Pussi-fication of horror film

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

The Pussi-fication of horror film Empty
PostSubject: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Twilight 2 came out last night.....
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Ugh. Well, the big problem with Hollywood these days is the dreaded PG-13 rating they want EVERY film to attain. All they end up doing is removing all the teeth from the film.

Also, why are the R-rated horror films always fucking terrible...and the good films are shackled with PG-13?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Twilight isnt even really horror, its so poorly written, its like an aborted episode of 90210 with occult added as an after thought. And I figured that out from reading a review.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Twilight bringz teh gayz.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Twilight isnt even really horror, its so poorly written, its like an aborted episode of 90210 with occult added as an after thought. And I figured that out from reading a review.

No I wouldnt call it horror either, but the use of horror themes and icons in a soap opera is giving horror a bad name. I mean vegetarian vampires?? give me a fuckin break. I guess Twilight isnt solely to blame....the origin of this whole wimpy vampire thing could be traced to Anne Rice IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:26 am

"Twilight" aside, when it comes to the pussi-fication of horror films in general, I have a rule of thumb: if a "Horror" movie is rated PG-13, it is going to suck.

Lone exception to this rule thus far: "The Ring" (which I liked, although that may have had more to do with the fact that I pack serious wood for Naomi Watts than with the movie itself)

A while back my wife came home from Blockbuster with the 'remake' of PROM NIGHT (which was not all that great a movie to begin with, it certainly wasn't screaming to be remade) and GAWD, did that suck... flashy, bloodless, glossy MTV crap...by the halfway point of that one I was about ready to claw my eyes out with a fork.

The ironic thing was that my wife had rented the so-called "uncut, unrated" version, from how lame that one was I can only imagine how watered down the PG-13 theatrical cut must've been.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:35 am

Stender wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

No I wouldnt call it horror either, but the use of horror themes and icons in a soap opera is giving horror a bad name. I mean vegetarian vampires?? give me a fuckin break. I guess Twilight isnt solely to blame....the origin of this whole wimpy vampire thing could be traced to Anne Rice IMO.

Lets take her down to THE BLOODY PIT OF HORROR for her crimes.

Theres a good b movie for ya Freddy. And yes, Prom Night most certainly did suck
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:49 am

DeathCult wrote:
And yes, Prom Night most certainly did suck

The original or the remake? Oh, wait. They both kinda sucked. At least the original had Leslie Nielsen in it, and that cool decapitation scene where the guy's head rolled across the gym floor. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 pm

That new "Twilight" took in something like $143 million in its first weekend. I guess that means we're in for lots more emo romantic vampire crap in the years to come.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
And yes, Prom Night most certainly did suck

The original or the remake? Oh, wait. They both kinda sucked. At least the original had Leslie Nielsen in it, and that cool decapitation scene where the guy's head rolled across the gym floor. Laughing

The remake really. The original is nothing to go gonzo over either, but it had some cool scenes, and it wasnt overly terrible. My only real complaint about that movie was ALWAYS the horrible disco dance off.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That new "Twilight" took in something like $143 million in its first weekend. I guess that means we're in for lots more emo romantic vampire crap in the years to come.

I heard it beat the dark knights record, thats nuts man. I mean both those films were ultra hyped...but Dark knight is lightyears better than Twilight I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 am

Some people just have bad taste in movies, vampires that do not burst into flames in the sun are RETARDED! STUPID! oh yeah and gay? But I'm one to talk we have what the hell Eclipse coming in the mail soon to watch, (it's my wife's fault) now I'll have to watch Vampires Suck too just to get a laugh? I don't know? These movies ruin things for vampires everywhere the next time one stalks me at night , I'll be like "dude your so gay" Yeah anyway......
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Gershom wrote:
now I'll have to watch Vampires Suck too just to get a laugh?

I wouldn't recommend it, it sucked pretty bad in it's own right. I saw it for free and was still a little pissed off.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks DeathCult, that saves me the time and pain of having to watch it myself, now I can waste my time doing something much funner, like throwing gummy bears at my children and watching them fight for the red ones, being a parent can be fun if you have imagination......
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Not a problem man, making fun of something faggy enough to be ridiculed on it's own merits in the first place is a bad idea for the basis of a film. and then adding some one off trick joke actor from the Hangover doesn't help matters. It's almost like Andy Warhol farted a parody and they filmed it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pussi-fication of horror film   The Pussi-fication of horror film I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pussi-fication of horror film
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Stairway To The Stars :: The DRIVE-IN-
Jump to: