The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motley Crab

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Been in a 'Crabby' mood the last two days so I've been jamming everything I have that features John Corabi on vox and I must reiterate how much I dig the Motley Crab era but I didn't always feel that way. When I was a kid in the late '80s-early '90s the Crue was my fave band by far but when I heard Vince was out I was stunned and pissed off! When MC's S/T album came out in '94 it took me over a year to finally get it b/c I was so pissed but during my junior year in high school it became my fave MC and it still is. I quickly got 'Quaternary' and remembered they were to release the follow-up to their S/T, rumored to be called 'Personality #9' in '95 or so and instead got Vince back and released the horrible 'Generation Swine' album which featured some Corabi contibutions but got no credit, I remember thinking how heavy the original Corabi versions would've been before they watered them down on GS. Man, I wish I could get the entire 'Personality #9' demos but anyway I'm still surprised I like the Carbby era so much b/c the S/T album was kinda Grungy and I don't care for Grunge except for Rock bands who put out a Grunge-like effort ie. Kiss-Carnival Of Souls. So whadday'all think of the Motley Crab?
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 8:58 am

That is easily my favorite Motley Crue, the lyrics are all good for the most part and Corabi has one of the coolest raspiest voices in metal.

It took me awhile to get into it because it was so different from what Motley Crue had done in the past, for one thing it sounded nothing like Motley Crue and John Corabi's voice is so much stronger and better then Vince Neil's, it is hard for me to imagine Corabi singing 'Girls! Girls! Girls! etc.

Underrated album and deserves more attention, I wish the thing had gone triple platinum so we would have been spared the Generation Shit album.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:46 am

GS is a turd for sure but Crabby did a great job singing the classic stuff, I really like how he sang 'Home Sweet Home', a song I don't even like.

I hope Nikki releases 'Personality #9', John even told him a couple of years ago that they should go back and mix it and finish it, even if it's under another moniker.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:55 pm

I wasn't crazy about it back in the day, but it quickly grew on me. Doesn't sound like a Crue album per say, but it's good nonetheless. As one of the many hair/glam bands from the 80's that tried to stay relevent in the grunge era, I'd say that s/t album has aged far better than stuff like Poison's Native Tongue or Warrant's Ultraphobic.

I like Generation Swine too though, so the value of my opinion my be questionable at best.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am

I still don't like the album actually, but then again, I don't think the Crue has done anything worth buying since Shout At The Devil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:52 am

Akeldama wrote:
GS is a turd for sure but Crabby did a great job singing the classic stuff, I really like how he sang 'Home Sweet Home', a song I don't even like.

I hope Nikki releases 'Personality #9', John even told him a couple of years ago that they should go back and mix it and finish it, even if it's under another moniker.

Never heard this version of Motley Crue live, I will check out on youtube when I get home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motley Crab Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crab   Motley Crab I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crab
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: