The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)

Go down 
+3
theJOKERiv
gershom
Akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) Empty
PostSubject: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 pm

They also added a new sign (Ophiuchus) due to the Babylonians ditching it because they only wanted 12 instead of 13. Scorpio is now only 6 days long as well for some fucked reason.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/...-zodiac-signs/

Quote:
If you're the type of person who relies on mysterious-sounding locations of stars to determine your personality and outcome in life, get ready to be shocked.
The field of astrology, which is concerned with horoscopes and the like, felt a major disruption from astronomers, who are concerned with actual stars and planets. The astronomers from the Minnesota Planetarium Society found that because of the moon's gravitational pull on Earth, the alignment of the stars was pushed by about a month.

"When [astrologers] say that the sun is in Pisces, it's really not in Pisces," noted Parke Kunkle, a member of the group's board. Your astrological sign is determined by the position of the sun on the day you were born, so that means everything you thought you knew about your horoscope is wrong.

It turns out that astrology has had issues from its inception. (Aside from the fact that it tries to link personality traits with positions of the stars.) Ancient Babylonians had 13 constellations, but wanted only 12, so threw out Ophuchicus, the snake holder. Libra didn't even enter the picture until the era of Julius Caesar.

According to the Minnesota Planetarium Society, here is where the real signs of the Zodiac should fall. Get ready for your world to change forever.
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17. (Yep, this one is new — read all about the Ophiuchus way of life here http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/...=nfmostpopular )
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:21 pm

So I'm not a Scorpio anymore? Now I'm a Labia? That just blows man.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Bullshit - I am still a Leo and that will never change
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Is it just me or does the "new" astro sign (Ophiuchus) look like it would be pronounced "Oh-Fuck-Us?"

I'm apparently a Taurus now according to this new chart (used to be a Gemini) but to be honest I don't really give a crap one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm

I used to be a Gemini as well but it doesn't matter, I'm still a Gemini, fuck it.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:57 am

I'm still a pisces, so uh Razz
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 am

Sorry, no changing Zodiac signs some 35+ years after I learned them the first time, nope, Detuned denies.

I"M A FUCKING LEO

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Detuned wrote:
Sorry, no changing Zodiac signs some 35+ years after I learned them the first time, nope, Detuned denies.

I"M A FUCKING LEO

Leos Rule!!!! Especially Leos named Leo!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Ole Leo, Ole ELO? Wtf?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm apparently a Taurus now according to this new chart (used to be a Gemini) but to be honest I don't really give a crap one way or the other.

Huh, me too. Guess I'll have to get that Gemini twins tattoo lasered off my ass.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Huh, me too. Guess I'll have to get that Gemini twins tattoo lasered off my ass.

Ha! Ha! one on each cheek! Wondertwin powers activate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)   Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are You Still A Scorpio? (If You Were Ever One To Begin With)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: