The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) Empty
PostSubject: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 pm

I don't really wanna review this so as not to spoil the surprises for y'all what you get it but I must say the original disc sounds great remastered, Phil's bass is more in the mix and that's great b/c I thought it was usually lost on the original recording.

Disc Two is chock full of surprises, I'm not one for remixes and was kinda bummed at all the remixes on all the Thin Lizzy Expanded Editions but I must say I love these! I have a couple of gripes like some of the rhythm parts seem "gone" and the snare sounds a little too modern for these tunes but maybe it's b/c I'm used to how they sound after all these years. I really love the Alternate Takes and Unreleased jams, especially 'Fight Or Fall' one of my all-time Lizzy faves. I wished they woulda put Robbo's original version of 'Running Back' but it's on his solo album! One last and biggest gripe is the story of the Overlord is not on here! Like I say I could really delve into this but don't wanna spoil it, I can't wait for the other 2 to come in. Overall this is still an A++ album.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:09 pm

I've bought this album SO many times in my life. LP, Cassette, CD, Remastered German CD, etc.

Now I'm going to be buying it again....

The one I'm really looking forward to is the Johnny The Fox reissue, I actually prefer that album by a small margin to Jailbreak.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Me too, that is my fave Lizzy. These needed proper reissues. They delayed the releases,especially JTF b/c the tracklisting was really messed up.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:40 am

I saw that Live & Dangerous is now 2 CDs plus a DVD, I'll have to buy that one too.

I REALLY hope they reissue Night Life one of these days, I love that album and it gets totally ignored.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:19 pm

That is a great album in its own right, my bros and I always argue on who does the best solos on 'Still In Love With You', they maintain that Sykes' solos on Life Live are the best and I've always said Moore's solos from Nightlife are the best.

I want reissues of Fighting and Black Rose.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:28 pm

I also think Robertson did a great job on that solo...my favorite is the Moore.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:00 am

Before I forget, I noticed that they f'd with the album cover on the Deluxe Edition. I hate when they screw with history.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 pm

I see that Amazon also has a Deluxe Edition of "Vagabonds Of The Western World" listed, I'd be interested in that one as well!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Damn! Now I gotta get that one too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)   Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy-Jailbreak (Deluxe Edition)
Page 1 of 1