The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)

Go down 
+3
chewie
Akeldama
S.D.
7 posters

Wish You Were Here or The Wall?
Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_vote_lcap78%Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
The Wall
Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_vote_lcap22%Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
I can't decide!
Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_vote_lcap0%Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) Empty
PostSubject: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) 51DSeCWR%2BOL._SL500_AA280_

or

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) 51%2Bf2LUhSfL._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Wish You Were Here, no brainer...that's my 2nd fave Floyd (in a tie with Obscured By Clouds). WYWH is cohesion in the midst of chaos where as TW is an album I can't listen to all the way through in one sitting and it's not due to it being a 2-disc effort, it's just has too much of a patch-work vibe to me.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Went with Wish You Were Here. Richard Wright's keyboards dominate this album in a good way and have a very lush and dreamy sound to them. Welcome to the Machine is where the synths just kill. They would never have this sound again.

The Wall is just too much to listen to in one sitting anymore. I can only take so much bitterness and navel gazing.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Wish You Were Here by a long shot.

Why?

Because "The Wall" was the first Roger Waters solo album with his backing band...and frankly it's not the same thing.

I owned The Wall for a good while before I got Wish You Were Here (I had a couple songs on that "Collection of Great Dance Songs" compilation). When i finally got the album it quickly became an obsession.

There isn't a second of music on WYWH that isn't perfect. The Wall has some great material, but you gotta sift through a hole pile of Waters' blathering to find it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:09 am

Wish You Were Here. It's a perfect album from beginning to end, gripping tracks that truly take you away. The Wall is a good album, but it loses too much in pretentiousness.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:30 am

Yeah Wish you Were Here, This was kinda hard, cause the Wall has lots of good memories attached to it, but it's not something I need to jam, hell tune into a classic rock radio station and you gonna hear parts of the Wall. But wywh is a great album I can jam anytime.
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am

I choose 'The Wall' I love the album, I still think it is a work of art, and love how Waters combines his personal history (death of his father, disillusionment with rock stardom), Syd Barrett's story, and his own meglomania into the songs and story, and IMO works as complete work, still a masterpiece and this may be uncool to admit, still one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:12 am

No, it's not uncool to admit and that's how I "used" to feel about that album. I really can't pinpoint when my opinion changed either. I just remember buying a copy at a used store on CD in the mid 90's, listening to the album and realizing that it no longer spoke to me as a whole.

When I listen to "The Wall", it's an edited down version I created several years ago:

I removed the following tracks...

Mother
One Of My Turns
Don't Leave Me Now
Goodbye Cruel World
Nobody Home
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
In The Flesh (side two version)
Waiting For The Worms
Stop
The Trial
Outside The Wall

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Detuned wrote:
No, it's not uncool to admit and that's how I "used" to feel about that album. I really can't pinpoint when my opinion changed either. I just remember buying a copy at a used store on CD in the mid 90's, listening to the album and realizing that it no longer spoke to me as a whole.

When I listen to "The Wall", it's an edited down version I created several years ago:

I removed the following tracks...

Mother
One Of My Turns
Don't Leave Me Now
Goodbye Cruel World
Nobody Home
Vera
Bring The Boys Back Home
In The Flesh (side two version)
Waiting For The Worms
Stop
The Trial
Outside The Wall

That just about sums it up for me as well except I like 'Mother'.
Back to top Go down
metalh

metalh

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:20 am

Wish You Were Here is a wonderful album, but I went with The Wall. It took me a long time to get into The Wall. One day I was listening to it and something clicked and I "got" the whole album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)   Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pink Floyd - Choose (Part Two)
Page 1 of 1