The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NFL schtuff

Go down 
+6
Shawn
Special Guest
Cruel Angel
Akeldama
DeathCult
S.D.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

NFL schtuff - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:21 am

I'm not sure if I'm even going to watch the Superbowl this year, I'm really not enjoying football that much these days.

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Special Teams did both Harbaugh brothers in.

I'm still happy for my niners, never did I think that they would make it to the NFC Championship Game this year, much less make it into the playoffs. It's definitely something to build on. Looks like we have a great future.......... and if Jeff Fisher coaches the Rams a competitive division.

I'll root for the Giants even though this is a Northeast area bowl and I'll probably be working that night, especially now.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

I was really unhappy with the playcalling during the last quarter of the 49ers game. I mean, I understand they want to stay balanced...but they needed to stretch the field. They didn't look like a team that wanted to win...they looked like they didn't want to lose.

There is a world of difference there.

Now we have to tolerate the Giants blathering on and on for the next 2 weeks, the most egotistical team on the planet. I hope the Patriots fucking MURDER them.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
I was really unhappy with the playcalling during the last quarter of the 49ers game. I mean, I understand they want to stay balanced...but they needed to stretch the field. They didn't look like a team that wanted to win...they looked like they didn't want to lose.

There is a world of difference there.

Now we have to tolerate the Giants blathering on and on for the next 2 weeks, the most egotistical team on the planet. I hope the Patriots fucking MURDER them.

Hey, if the Giants win, the sports media will be all over 'Is Eli better than Peyton" stories...........

The problem with the Harbaugh boys is that they play not to lose instead of aggressive play calling to win. The Giants played aggressive and played to win. So did the Patriots - both went for it on 4th down early in the game. Both didn't get the 1st down early in the game. Just the fact that they went for it instead of calling in the punt or field goal team sets an overall message to the team to play aggressive and play to win. And both teams that were aggressive and going for it on 4th down won the game.

Conservative play calling and play calling not to lose will win you some games but doesn't win championships. Hell, it also leads to boring games....... What do you call a defensive struggle? A boring game.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:33 am

Good game, great outcome. I only feel bad for Danny Woodhead who, if they went to him more, there'd be a different outcome. Danny went to the college I work at.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:40 am

Good game. The Patriots' "last ranked" defense did them no favors...plus all of a sudden in the 4th quarter none of the Patriots receivers could catch a ball.

Oh well.

Congratulations to the 9-7 Super Bowl champs. (oh Brother, 9-7)

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:46 am

And how the hell can AAron Rodgers be the MVP but Drew Bress the offensive player of the year?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 am

Akeldama wrote:
And how the hell can AAron Rodgers be the MVP but Drew Bress the offensive player of the year?

MVP is a popularity contest, Offensive Player Of The Year is statistics.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Man the Seahawks new jerseys are horrendous! I prefer the '80s jerseys myself.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:43 pm

I hated the 80s Seahawks jerseys, the colors reminded me too much of the Cowboys and the hawk logo looked like a rejected idea from an airline.

Haven't seen the new ones, I liked the mid 2000s "all dark blue" the best.

Not even sure if I'm going to watch football this year, I've been getting less and less interested over the past couple seasons.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Lol! As far as this season goes, I'm excited.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 am

The Seahawks looked really good this preseason, I hope it carries into the season where it counts. I'm really glad they're giving the rookie QB the start.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

Akeldama wrote:
The Seahawks looked really good this preseason, I hope it carries into the season where it counts. I'm really glad they're giving the rookie QB the start.

But.... how will they win without TO?

LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:18 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

But.... how will they win without TO?

LOL!!!!!

You're right...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Damn Seahawks...it was some what of a surprising week 1. I was glad to see RG3 win and Luck lose.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Week 1 has been pretty good so far, 2 more games to go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL schtuff   NFL schtuff - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL schtuff
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: