The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+8
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
chewie
DeathCult
gershom
S.D.
Shawn
Akeldama
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Remember Tuncis (sp?) The Driving Cat?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:27 pm

rings some kind of bell, but not clearly.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 pm

It was an ongoing skit on SNL in the late '80s-early '90s. I don't know why the "Toonces" theme some came to my head, I'd post a vid but I'm on my Blackberry.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:49 pm

I thought it was SNL, I remember it now.

Think I'm going to head out to the beach for a little babe-ogling this morning. An all American past-time if there ever was one.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm

You lucky bastard, save a Nubian hottie for me!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I thought it was SNL, I remember it now.

Think I'm going to head out to the beach for a little babe-ogling this morning. An all American past-time if there ever was one.

Don't forget the chloroform Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:49 pm

LOL. There were a ton of babes. Walked up and down Venice Beach for awhile, watched some surfers get wiped out by nasty waves (fun), recognized several locations from movies...and looked at alot of hot babes on the beach. A good time that cost nothing but a couple bucks in the gas tank.

The coolest thing was seeing the statue in front of Venice High School. I found it by accident, though I've seen it in books. The statue in the front is of a girl, the model for the statue was a teenage Myrna Loy. Very cool movie geek trivia there.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Myrna Loy huh? I only know her cuz she was mentioned in MASH.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 2bsjlokjpry6sbly
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_lnselj11Tc1qa1eo2o1_500
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:48 pm

She was quite the looker!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:35 pm

RIP Wurzel...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Myrna Loy........ Hubba Hubba!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:45 pm

chewie wrote:
Myrna Loy........ Hubba Hubba!

X2 that's quite a classy lady there.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:09 pm

yes, Myrna was incredibly classy...and one of the first actresses with a "modern" style. She started in silent films but had such a wonderful voice that she easily made the transition to sound features.

She is best known for starring in a series of films with William Powell, the most famous of which is the "Thin Man" series of Dashiel Hammett stores. Those films pre-dated the modern romantic comedy.

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Evelyn-prentice-william-powell-myrna-loy-1934
Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 959-4
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:52 pm

COMPUTERS SUCK!!! My desktop just crashed! I'm doing this on my Wii.

Now I gotta fix this one and my wifes laptop Mad
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 pm

PC's?
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
PC's?
Yes. the desktop I built and pffffff! They both have boot problems(I'm gonna give 'em the boot Smile ). I think that I can fix them if I put my mind to it.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Did you have a power outage or something? Boot errors on two different computers is kind of odd.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Her's went out quite a while ago.....

Both had been running really warm. In fact, I was going into BIOS to enable the fan programs, rebooted and then nuthin'. I ran it thru the win7 cdrom and it said that there was a partition problem.

maybe I need a new hd?

Last edited by chewie on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 pm

This Mott live album is WAYYY too fucking loud in my headphones. I think the kick drum might eat my brain...
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Deaf Forever is still so fucking awesome, Bill Laswell might have been an odd choice to produce a Motorhead album, but it worked!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Gonna jam a lot of albums I used to jam when I was younger and before Blues and Metal ruined me...stay tuned if you give a rat's ass...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Gonna jam a lot of albums I used to jam when I was younger and before Blues and Metal ruined me...stay tuned if you give a rat's ass...
Sounds interesting......
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Akeldama wrote:

Im curious to see what you've got up your sleeve. Just please, no Mickey Mouse Disco.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Im curious to see what you've got up your sleeve. Just please, no Mickey Mouse Disco.

or The Little Engine That Could
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next