The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metallica '96-'03

Go down 
+3
chewie
S.D.
Akeldama
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My stance on Metallica has pretty well become public knowledge on the other forum, but just in case, here it is in a nutshell:

First three albums = Godhead

Justice = liked it a lot more when it was current than I do now

Black Album = Overrated as hell.

Load, Reload - a couple of decent tracks here and there but a whooooooole lotta filler in between.

St. Anger - Don't even get me started.

I'm essentially in agreement. I think you could make one fairly decent album if you combined the good tracks from the Black album, Load and Reload together.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:51 am

Coincendentally, I brought both Load and Re-Load into work with me this week to give both of them some much needed spins. I haven't listened to either one in God knows how long.

I caught 'The Memory Remains' on Classic Pop-up Video over the weekend and decided to break these 2 out again and see if my opinion on either album has changed. Mostly what I remember of both albums is that they sound like decent enough hard rock albums and if they were released by any other band besides Metallica, they'd be ok. They aren't Metallica albums in the "classic" sense.

St. Anger will continue to be a placeholder/dust collector. While I cannot listen to it, I can't part with it either.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

St. Anger will continue to be a placeholder/dust collector. While I cannot listen to it, I can't part with it either.

My CD of St. Anger is scratched, otherwise it would have been sold years ago. Razz

Seriously though, I keep if for the Rehearsal DVD, that's far superior to the studio album. no Bob Rock on bass, snare sound not nearly as annoying.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 pm

St. Anger is an album that physically causes me pain to listen to. I'm not joking.

While my hearing may not be the sharpest and I usually don't complain about mastering, production and all that stuff, the few times I've played St. Anger, the *ping* noise of the snare drums actually hurts my ears. It hits a certain frequency or something that irritates the hell out of me.

I watched the dvd once, when it was new, but haven't since.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:16 pm

I have my blu-ray player hooked up through my main stereo, so I play DVDs and just listen to the audio alot of the time. I used to rip audio from DVDs but it's really just a waste of time to me now, I just pop it in, pick the audio track I want and then switch the TV back over to the computer input.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
I have my blu-ray player hooked up through my main stereo, so I play DVDs and just listen to the audio alot of the time. I used to rip audio from DVDs but it's really just a waste of time to me now, I just pop it in, pick the audio track I want and then switch the TV back over to the computer input.

Nice. I need you to come to the East Coast and rewire all my A/V equipment. it's a freaking mess now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica '96-'03   Metallica '96-'03 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica '96-'03
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2