The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

more advance news about Opeth's Heritage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

more advance news about Opeth's Heritage Empty
PostSubject: more advance news about Opeth's Heritage   more advance news about Opeth's Heritage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Some advance word on Heritage, from a reviewer at the listening party:

Some info about Opeth's new album:

-It was played in 5.1 surround system and according to the writer the mix was good although he's usually not a fan of playing rock in other than stereo format. Åkerfeldt himself said "I first heard the record today and I didn't know they were going to play it to the media in surround. I had my doubts, but the end-result made me have goose bumps"

-It's about 56 minutes long.

-Draws to mind Sabbath, Beatles, jazz, King Crimson, Cream, Rainbow, Floyd, funk, Purple, Piirpauke, classical, My Dying Bride, folk, Love, Jethro Tull, Maiden…

-No death metal parts or growling

-No modern style of "wall of guitar tracks".

-Lots of keys, piano and mellotron are featured. Some intros include clarinet and contrabass.

- "We aren't concerned about other people's opinions", Åkerfeldt stated. "If fans of death metal can't enjoy this, that's their problem"

The band leader also said that he had grown tired of extreme metal already, but couldn't explain why the previous record still included death growls.

"I have wanted to make a record like this since I was 20", Åkerfeldt said and added that making it would not have been possible without the metal roots that brought them success.

The journalist also says: "In any case, some metal fans will have trouble with Heritage, but if your hopes are more in the 70s, this album can only work.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: more advance news about Opeth's Heritage   more advance news about Opeth's Heritage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

This sounds AWESOME!!!! So hes' going all 70s prog??????? This sounds like something that I will buy!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: more advance news about Opeth's Heritage   more advance news about Opeth's Heritage I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 am

70's prog has been evident since their very first album, it's just that it's become increasingly more prominent throughout their career. Sounds like Mikael has been wanting to move completely in that direction but was probably afraid to leave their fanbase completely in the dust....but he's comfortable enough now to just do whatever he wants.

He matured by leaps and bounds as a songwriter once Wilson got involved...and became an incredibly talented vocalist as well...in fact, he's probably my favorite vocalist right now, he's got a real mellow voice that's very easy to listen to.

that compilation I put together does make a nice little feature to hear his clean vocals, which as it sounds, is all that he's doing now.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: more advance news about Opeth's Heritage   more advance news about Opeth's Heritage I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: more advance news about Opeth's Heritage   more advance news about Opeth's Heritage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

more advance news about Opeth's Heritage
Page 1 of 1