The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?

Go down 
+7
chewie
MetalGuy71
gershom
theJOKERiv
Shawn
Akeldama
S.D.
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which Ozzy solo album do you like best?
Blizzard Of Ozz
favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Diary Of A Madman
favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Speak Of The Devil (live)
favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Bark At The Moon
favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
The Ultimate Sin
 0% [ 0 ]
Tribute
 0% [ 0 ]
No Rest For The Wicked
 0% [ 0 ]
No More Tears
favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Live & Loud (live)
 0% [ 0 ]
Ozzmosis
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
manny

manny

favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:37 pm

I love 'Blizzard' but I killed it for myself by overplaying it
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 pm

If I could edit my choice, I would go back and change this to The Ultimate Sin actually.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:22 pm

My bro is always telling me how I'm crazy for liking Rhoads over Lee and DOAMM over US hehe.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:31 am

I look at Ozzy's first band with Rhoads as "Blizzard of Ozz", more of an actual band than a solo artist with backing musicians.

Once Bark At The Moon came along that felt more like a solo project, as have the subsequent albums.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:22 am

I agree with that. I think it's gonna be an Ozzy day today.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 am

S.D. wrote:
I look at Ozzy's first band with Rhoads as "Blizzard of Ozz", more of an actual band than a solo artist with backing musicians.

Once Bark At The Moon came along that felt more like a solo project, as have the subsequent albums.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 pm

The only thing that really irks me about Blizzard is that Dee shoulda been put before "Romance", it flows better that way.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 pm

I wonder if this was intentional:

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:55 pm

You know, Goodbye To Romance is ok at best, but I've never really liked an Ozzy ballad. They never really seem to work.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

I think Ozzy's ballads are killer. I gotta make an Ozzy ballad playlist now.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I think Ozzy's ballads are killer. I gotta make an Ozzy ballad playlist now.

That's the opinion of most people I've talked to. Maybe there's something wrong with me? haha

"Romance" and "Mama" I can tolerate. But crap like "So Tired" and "Killer Of Giants" makes me wanna puke. To be honest, I can only listen to "Changes" on a really good day haha.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Hmmm...I never considered "Giants" a ballad but I guess it is, great song. 'So Tired' does blow goats but 'I Just Want You' and 'See You On The Other Side are his best. Ozzmosis is a great record with the exception of "Man" and "L.A.".
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Hmmm...I never considered "Giants" a ballad but I guess it is, great song. 'So Tired' does blow goats but 'I Just Want You' and 'See You On The Other Side are his best. Ozzmosis is a great record with the exception of "Man" and "L.A.".

"See You On The Other Side" I can tolerate, but I Just Want You makes me want to hurt Ozzy LOL. I'm not sure if it's his voice or something else, but he just shouldn't slow it down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Listening to Speak of the Devil right now, which prompts this question...

This album was put out after Randy's death, but only features Sabbath songs. Did the band (or Brad Gillis) not want to play Randy's stuff or were songs played live, but ommitted from this recording. And if they did play songs from Ozzy's solo albums, do they exist somewhere?

Just wonderin'
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Great question, I want some stuff w/Gillis playing Rhodes. Didn't they release a DVD of that a while back?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

This album was put out after Randy's death, but only features Sabbath songs. Did the band (or Brad Gillis) not want to play Randy's stuff or were songs played live, but ommitted from this recording. And if they did play songs from Ozzy's solo albums, do they exist somewhere?

Just wonderin'

Ozzy was required by contract to put out a live album that year, he felt it would be in bad taste to do any of Randy's songs so soon after his death, so a full Sabbath set was played.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Great question, I want some stuff w/Gillis playing Rhodes. Didn't they release a DVD of that a while back?

I thought they did too, I know there was a video filmed because I've seen multiple clips of Gillis playing Randy's songs on YouTube.

Like this One.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Niiiiice wooorrrrk Iiiiiigooooorrrrr!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Yes, that would be it. Thanks for the links!
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 am

Akeldama wrote:

That would be killer!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Just wonderin'

Ozzy was required by contract to put out a live album that year, he felt it would be in bad taste to do any of Randy's songs so soon after his death, so a full Sabbath set was played.

I wonder if it was weird to the people in attendance to go expecting to hear some "new" Ozzy only to have him play a full Sabbath set. Of course, the crowd was probably so baked, they didn't know the difference. drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?   favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

favorite "classic era" Ozzy Osbourne solo album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2