The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stalk-Forrest Group

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Stalk-Forrest Group Empty
PostSubject: Stalk-Forrest Group   Stalk-Forrest Group I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 am

Since we have a BOC theme going on does anybody else here have Stalk-Forrest Group-St. Cecilia: The Elektra Recordings?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Stalk-Forrest Group   Stalk-Forrest Group I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:51 am

I know DC does, I have yet to run across it myself.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Stalk-Forrest Group   Stalk-Forrest Group I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 pm

I've got it, it's a pretty good album, I could try and upload it somewhere if you guys want. It's a collection of St. Cecilia, the infamous unreleased LP for Elektra, The original 12-track master of 7 of those tracks when they went by Oaxaca, right after they were called the Soft White Underbelly, and finally the What Is Quicksand?/Arthur Comics single that Elektra did release before shelving the album.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Stalk-Forrest Group   Stalk-Forrest Group I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:02 pm

I think it's worthwhile to have this. I'm glad I invested in it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Stalk-Forrest Group   Stalk-Forrest Group I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Akeldama wrote:
I think it's worthwhile to have this. I'm glad I invested in it.

I concur. It's interesting to hear Blue Oyster Cult's beginings, and the songs are pretty good. Though, most of it's closer to late 60's psychadelia ala Love then the band's later direction. Even though there's similarities though, Stalk-Forrest definately had their sound going. On tracks like I'm On The Lamb, and Bonomo's Turkish Taffy show where they were heading. It also shows where Redeemed from the S/T was rooted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stalk-Forrest Group   Stalk-Forrest Group I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stalk-Forrest Group
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: