The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Writings on HubPages ...

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
chewie
theJOKERiv
gershom
DeathCult
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

My Writings on HubPages ... Empty
PostSubject: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:25 pm

I've already pimped this on every other forum and message board that I belong to so I might as well do it here too... for those of you who are unfamiliar with HubPages.com, it's a blogging site for amateur wanna-be writers (i.e., people like me)... I've been having a load of fun writing all sorts of metal, movie and comic book related blather. If ya likes B-Movies, or if ya likes metal, or if ya likes comics, please drop by, check out some of my ramblings, and if you like what you see please feel free to leave me a comment. I'm not proud, I'm all about upping my page views on this site. Very Happy

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/

My newest piece: B-Movie review of 1988's trash cinema classic "MANIAC COP"
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-MANIAC-COP-1988

Some of my fave articles for those of you who might not wanna be bothered combing through all of my stuff:

Retro Metal Rant: Warrior Soul
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Retro-Metal-Rant-Warrior-Soul

Enter the Asylum: A Descent into B-Movie Hell!
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Enter-The-Asylum-A-Descent-into-B-Movie-Hell

The REAL Story Behind the Rise of Grunge and the Fall of Metal!
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/The-REAL-Story-Behind-The-Rise-of-Grunge-and-the-Fall-of-Metal

Thanks for lookin'!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:10 pm

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Thanks for posting. Maniac Cop is killer, havent seen that in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Thanks for posting. Maniac Cop is killer, havent seen that in awhile.

I have the first two Maniac Cop flicks on DVD (will probably do an entry on MC 2 at a later date)... still need to get my hands on the 3rd one. Great, uber-violent, nasty action packed stuff!

When I started posting stuff there a few months ago I was mainly doing CD reviews, those didn't seem to be going over very well (not enough metal heads there I reckon) but the B-Movie related entries seem to be picking up steam so I guess that'll be my "niche" there. I'll still do metal from time to time though. I got an article in the works on "City of the Walking Dead" and when that's done I'm probably gonna re-visit "Hell Night" with Linda Blair. I got enough DVDs on the shelf to keep that series of articles going for a hella long time.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:12 am

Cool FF I will check this out, sound like the perfect metal/movie geek hangout place thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Got a new one up about Umberto "Cannibal Ferox" Lenzi's epic zombie flick "City of the Walking Dead" (aka "Nightmare City," aka "Nightmare in the Contaminated City," aka "Zombie 3: Electric Boogaloo"....OK, so I made that last one up Very Happy )

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-CITY-OF-THE-WALKING-DEAD-1980
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:56 pm

I will check out the new posts - I always read em when you post!!!!!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:03 pm

what's this reading I keep hearing about?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 pm

New Horror Hub this week... "It Came From the Bargain Bin" takes on the 1981 cult classic "HELL NIGHT"

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-HELL-NIGHT-1981

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
New Horror Hub this week... "It Came From the Bargain Bin" takes on the 1981 cult classic "HELL NIGHT"

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-HELL-NIGHT-1981

They have this on Netflix, I'm going to watch it tonight before I read that. LOL

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:48 pm

Added a new Hub today 'bout the passing of Warrant's Jani Lane... I figured hey, nobody else there had written about him, I may as well be first. Very Happy Besides, nothin' drives up page views like a dead celebrity.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Jani-Lane-of-Warrant-1964-2011

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Nice piece man. I can't say I'm mourning his passing (I saw Warrant on their first tour and they were pretty pathetic live), but that's way too young to die.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Nice piece man. I can't say I'm mourning his passing (I saw Warrant on their first tour and they were pretty pathetic live), but that's way too young to die.

Thanx man. I'm not much more than a casual fan myself, but as I said in the article, over the years I've found that much of the Warrant stuff is better than most so-called "tr00 mettle" heads gave it credit for. Nothin' groundbreaking of course, but just good ol' fashioned "turn up the radio" kinda commercial hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 pm

New Horror Hub this week... check out my review of the funky 70s pseudo-classic "Horror Express" starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-HORROR-EXPRESS-1972

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:04 am

That sounds awesome Freddy, I HAVE to see that. If Lee and Cushing weren't enough, a brain sucking caveman?! Sweet Jesus, that's horror heaven! Nice synopsis!

Here's a fanmade trailer for probably my favorite crappy b movie of the 80's: FOREVER EVIL

I just ordered myself a used copy from Amazon, it's well worth a Tale From The Bargain Bin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 pm

DeathCult wrote:
That sounds awesome Freddy, I HAVE to see that. If Lee and Cushing weren't enough, a brain sucking caveman?! Sweet Jesus, that's horror heaven! Nice synopsis!

Yeah, it's pretty fun stuff. Kinda slow moving by today's standards but it's got that weird Euro-trash thing going for it.

It's been in the Public Domain for years so you can pretty much find it in any bargain bin. It's been released on dozens and dozens of different labels. I got mine @ the dollar store.

Glad you dug the review! cheers

...and damn, that "Forever Evil" movie looks craptacular. Gotta look for that one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:23 pm

OK, so I've been writing about movies so much lately on HubPages that I felt like getting back to the rock for a while. I went thru my stack of past reviews that I've written for Detritus 'zine over the past couple of years and decided to update/edit/tweak this one and throw it out there.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Ratt-INFESTATION-Loud-ProudRoadrunner-2010

I may do this with some other moldie oldies so there'll be more tr00 grimm kvlt arcane steele in teh near future.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
OK, so I've been writing about movies so much lately on HubPages that I felt like getting back to the rock for a while. I went thru my stack of past reviews that I've written for Detritus 'zine over the past couple of years and decided to update/edit/tweak this one and throw it out there.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Ratt-INFESTATION-Loud-ProudRoadrunner-2010

I may do this with some other moldie oldies so there'll be more tr00 grimm kvlt arcane steele in teh near future.

More great stuff!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks Joker... just updated/edited/tweaked my review of Raven's WALK THROUGH FIRE from last year and added it to my Hub as well..

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Raven-WALK-THROUGH-FIRE-Metal-Blade-Records-2010

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Excellent review on the Ratt, I've been curious about that one for awhile but never checked it out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Excellent review on the Ratt, I've been curious about that one for awhile but never checked it out.

I still dig it, a year after its release. And believe me, nobody was more surprised than me at how good that record was, cuz I had ZERO expectations for it.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:39 pm

I had seen them live twice in the past couple years, and Pearcy's voice wasn't all that great, so I lost interest for awhile. It was cool to see Cavazo playing with them. Too bad they didn't do a rendition of Condition Critical. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:41 pm

So I'm bored at work today, I'm listening to Iron Maiden's BRAVE NEW WORLD, and I sez to myself, "Self, this would make a good subject for a HubPages entry. Make it so!"

And it was done. Amen.
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Retro-Metal-Review-Iron-Maiden-BRAVE-NEW-WORLD-Portrait-Records-2000
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Great review Freddy, I've always liked that Maiden album alot. I saw the premier of the video for The Wicker Man before the album came out, and got it on release day. Maiden was back!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanx DC... I'm on a roll this week I guess... must be summer doldrums @ work, I have lots of time to sit there and scribble geeky thoughts about whatever CDs I have with me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   My Writings on HubPages ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Writings on HubPages ...
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: