The Workshop Of The Telescopes
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 My Writings on HubPages ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Akeldama wrote:



Like I said, Roth sold more but Hagar charted a lot higher.

Actually.....

Jump was a #1 single. The highest charting Hagar single was Why Can't This Be Love which peaked at #3.

Here is their entire chart history...

http://www.billboard.com/artist/van-halen/chart-history/111958#/artist/van-halen/chart-history/111958
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:45 pm

S.D. wrote:
Akeldama wrote:



Like I said, Roth sold more but Hagar charted a lot higher.

Actually.....

Jump was a #1 single. The highest charting Hagar single was Why Can't This Be Love which peaked at #3.

Here is their entire chart history...

http://www.billboard.com/artist/van-halen/chart-history/111958#/artist/van-halen/chart-history/111958

Understood but all the Van Hagar studio albums peaked at #1.
Back to top Go down
gershom

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Van Halen vs. Van Hagar, you guys need some boxing gloves this is great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Obviously I received bum info on the Hagar sales vs. Roth sales. I was always under the impression that Hagar era VH sold more records.

...oh well, what the fuck do I know? Haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Great articles FF!

Sabbath, Maiden, Anthrax. I enjoy the different eras (well for the most part). I could live the rest of my life without ever hearing another Van Hagar track though.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 pm

gershom wrote:
Van Halen vs. Van Hagar, you guys need some boxing gloves this is great. Very Happy

Nah, boxing gloves aren't necessary. I like the one era and not the other, just personal preference.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Been on a Ramones kick the last couple of days so I decided to turn it into a fanboy ramble on my Hub:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/I-Wanna-Be-a-Ramone
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Been on a Ramones kick the last couple of days so I decided to turn it into a fanboy ramble on my Hub:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/I-Wanna-Be-a-Ramone

Great article man! I discovered the Ramones in middle school myself, around the same time I got into AC/DC. Now you've got me on a Ramones kick.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:30 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Been on a Ramones kick the last couple of days so I decided to turn it into a fanboy ramble on my Hub:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/I-Wanna-Be-a-Ramone

Great article man! I discovered the Ramones in middle school myself, around the same time I got into AC/DC. Now you've got me on a Ramones kick.

Thanx man. I had fun doing this one and the Overkill one that preceded it so I'm thinkin' of doing a few more "a brief history of so-and-so" about some other bands. I can bang'em out pretty quickly and they seem to do pretty well picking up random page views from Google, etc.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Been on a Ramones kick the last couple of days so I decided to turn it into a fanboy ramble on my Hub:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/I-Wanna-Be-a-Ramone

Great article man! I discovered the Ramones in middle school myself, around the same time I got into AC/DC. Now you've got me on a Ramones kick.

Thanx man. I had fun doing this one and the Overkill one that preceded it so I'm thinkin' of doing a few more "a brief history of so-and-so" about some other bands. I can bang'em out pretty quickly and they seem to do pretty well picking up random page views from Google, etc.

Not a problem! I have to go back and read the Overkill one, think I missed that. I'd like to do stuff like this, but I'm too lazy haha. It's great to see more love for The Ramones though. Most of my friend's growing up never really got them.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 pm

I wore out my LP copy of Rocket to Russia...

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:18 am

S.D. wrote:
I wore out my LP copy of Rocket to Russia...


I had from the S/T up to Road To Ruin on LP (my personal favorite is still Leave Home) but my dad took em all when my parents divorced haha.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 am

The first four Ramones albums (self titled, Leave Home, Rocket..., and Road...) are all golden in my book, but my fave is Road To Ruin out of the four.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 pm

New slobbering fanboy rant on my Hub... this time the lucky band is Accept, in honor of their forthcoming new album, STALINGRAD

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/ACCEPT-German-Metal-Legends-Return-With-STALINGRAD
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Last night's odious SyFy Channel movie, "WitchSlayer Gretl," becomes today's Hub entry

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-WITCHSLAYER-GRETL-2012
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm glad I skipped that! Thanks for the review...when no director is listed AT ALL, it's never a good sign.

Even "fake" Alan Smithee refused to be involved with this one!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I dug that Accept...u never fail to deliver, FF.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm glad I skipped that! Thanks for the review...when no director is listed AT ALL, it's never a good sign.

Even "fake" Alan Smithee refused to be involved with this one!

It might almost have been bearable if Shannen Doherty were ten years younger, but unfortunately it appears that Father Time is catching up with her. Sad
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I'm glad I skipped that! Thanks for the review...when no director is listed AT ALL, it's never a good sign.

Even "fake" Alan Smithee refused to be involved with this one!

It might almost have been bearable if Shannen Doherty were ten years younger, but unfortunately it appears that Father Time is catching up with her. Sad

That still photo you showed makes her look worse than she actually does, I saw her on a local L.A. talk show a few months back and she looked quite good...older, yes, but still quite attractive.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I'm glad I skipped that! Thanks for the review...when no director is listed AT ALL, it's never a good sign.

Even "fake" Alan Smithee refused to be involved with this one!

It might almost have been bearable if Shannen Doherty were ten years younger, but unfortunately it appears that Father Time is catching up with her. Sad

That still photo you showed makes her look worse than she actually does, I saw her on a local L.A. talk show a few months back and she looked quite good...older, yes, but still quite attractive.


Yeah, upon further investigation (i.e. seeing some current pics that weren't connected with this movie) it would appear that whoever did her makeup on this "Witch" flick did her no favors whatsoever. I swear during all of her close ups her face looked like it was made out of wax. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Poor lighting, bad makeup, cheap digital cameras do no favors to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:51 pm

The news of a new Dokken album in the pipeline for Spring inspired another one of my "A Brief History of So-and-So" entries...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/DOKKEN-Classic-LA-Rockers-to-Return-With-Broken-Bones
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 pm

I got an e-mail today from HubPages informing me that my collective ramblings have achieved 10,000 page views. Wow! A large part of that of course is thanks to all o' y'all who check out my shiz when I post links here, so thanks for your support... and as long as ya keep readin'em, I'll keep writin' em!!!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:05 pm

We got your back, FF. Good reads.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Followed up my "Simpsons Rock N Roll" entry from a few weeks back with this Top 20 list of my favorite supporting characters (i.e. those who aren't immediate members of the Simpson family)

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Top-20-My-Favorite-Simpsons-Background-Characters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   

Back to top Go down
 
My Writings on HubPages ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» My Writings on HubPages ...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: