The Workshop Of The Telescopes
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 My Writings on HubPages ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
chewie

avatar

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Yeah great review! I know BNW got me back into Maiden.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 pm

chewie wrote:
Yeah great review! I know BNW got me back into Maiden.



It got most of us back into Maiden! Haha.



Since Bruce got back into the driver's seat, I have even gotten less harsh on the Blaze Bayley albums. I guess I can look at them now in retrospect as an interesting experiment, and with relief that All is Right in Maiden World again.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:33 pm

chewie wrote:
Yeah great review! I know BNW got me back into Maiden.

It's funny because it did for me as well, but everyone I lent it to at the time all said "it's ok, but I dunno". It was like they didn't even listen to "Ghost Of The Navigator". Such a great album.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
avatar

Posts : 709
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 48
Location : Somewhere In Time

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:
Yeah great review! I know BNW got me back into Maiden.



It got most of us back into Maiden! Haha.



Since Bruce got back into the driver's seat, I have even gotten less harsh on the Blaze Bayley albums. I guess I can look at them now in retrospect as an interesting experiment, and with relief that All is Right in Maiden World again.

Yep, me too! I wouldn;t go to England to see a Blaze fronted Maiden!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chewie

avatar

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
chewie wrote:
Yeah great review! I know BNW got me back into Maiden.



It got most of us back into Maiden! Haha.



Since Bruce got back into the driver's seat, I have even gotten less harsh on the Blaze Bayley albums. I guess I can look at them now in retrospect as an interesting experiment, and with relief that All is Right in Maiden World again.


To me it sounded like Fish(ex-Marillion lead singer) had joined Maiden, but without his good songwriting. I do like those two Blaze albums, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
avatar

Posts : 474
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 46
Location : Fortress of Solitude Tool Shed

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 am

I still have no interest in hearing the Blaze-era Maiden albums, yet I love Blaze's solo work. Weird.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
avatar

Posts : 738
Join date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:40 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I still have no interest in hearing the Blaze-era Maiden albums, yet I love Blaze's solo work. Weird.

In other words, you may like ketchup, but you don't want it on your Corn Flakes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
avatar

Posts : 474
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 46
Location : Fortress of Solitude Tool Shed

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:59 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I still have no interest in hearing the Blaze-era Maiden albums, yet I love Blaze's solo work. Weird.

In other words, you may like ketchup, but you don't want it on your Corn Flakes.

Precisely. You understand me better than my wife.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I still have no interest in hearing the Blaze-era Maiden albums, yet I love Blaze's solo work. Weird.

No not really, I like Blaze's solo stuff too, but don't really like either of his albums with Maiden. Lackluster songwriting can really ruin things.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 pm

I've been driving a rental car this week since my aging Jeep died and I needed to buy some time while looking for a new ride. The rental place gave me a Nissan Cube. What the heck is a Nissan Cube, you may ask? Read on and find out...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/My-Nissan-Cube-Experience
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
avatar

Posts : 709
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 48
Location : Somewhere In Time

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 am

Nice post!!!!!! BTW - all the ads on the page are for the Nissan Cube including the Matchbox version
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:23 am

theJOKERiv wrote:
Nice post!!!!!! BTW - all the ads on the page are for the Nissan Cube including the Matchbox version

Yeah, I noticed that... haha. Funny cuz usually the Google ads HubPages places on my articles are totally irrelevant to the topic. I guess they were bound to get one right sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:56 am

I've followed behind those Cubes on the road and I just can't help but wonder...WHY? They are the ugliest vehicles imaginable.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:48 pm

S.D. wrote:
I've followed behind those Cubes on the road and I just can't help but wonder...WHY? They are the ugliest vehicles imaginable.

They are goofy lookin' as hell, that's for sure.

Apparently boxy little cars like this are all the rage in Japan, but 2011 is the first year that Nissan has imported them over to America. Somehow I can't see them catching on biggy styley over here.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Rainy day...bored... listening to Sepultura's ARISE a bunch... so I turned it into a Retro Metal Review Hub.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Random-Retro-Metal-Review-Sepultura-ARISE-Roadrunner-1991
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rainy day...bored... listening to Sepultura's ARISE a bunch... so I turned it into a Retro Metal Review Hub.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Random-Retro-Metal-Review-Sepultura-ARISE-Roadrunner-1991

I just jammed on Beneath The Remains a couple weeks ago and that was a blast to revisit, I'll have to listen to Arise again sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Rainy day...bored... listening to Sepultura's ARISE a bunch... so I turned it into a Retro Metal Review Hub.

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Random-Retro-Metal-Review-Sepultura-ARISE-Roadrunner-1991

I just jammed on Beneath The Remains a couple weeks ago and that was a blast to revisit, I'll have to listen to Arise again sometime soon.

Sepultura were on a roll back then, from SCHIZOPHRENIA right thru to CHAOS A.D.... then came ROOTS and wooo, rarely have I seen a band go from utter awesomeness to out and out suck so quickly. Haha.

I saw them live 2x during the BENEATH THE REMAINS era and whoooooly shit they were an awesome live band back then. Igor Cavalera's drumming blew me away. That dude was a machine!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Damn, Id've loved to seen them live then. Those were such killer records.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:03 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Damn, Id've loved to seen them live then. Those were such killer records.

Yeah, man, you missed a good'un. The first time I saw'em was in late '89 and I think it was only their 3rd or 4th show on American soil. They didn't even bring all of their own gear over from Brazil, Igor C. played on Faith Or Fear's drum kit (F.O.F. opened the show).

My brother was the big Sepultura fan at the time, I was just kinda along for the ride, doin' him a favor cuz I knew how to get to the venue (L'amour in Brooklyn) and he didn't. I was an instant fan three songs in. They were like standing in front of a locomotive. It was one of those gigs where you wished that you were wearing a helmet cuz of all the stage divers/crowd surfers.

Then a year later when Roadrunner re-released their SCHIZOPHRENIA album they played L'amour again and my bro and I were back again too. Obituary and Sadus opened up. Whoooooly shit that was an insane show! My friend Glenn jumped in the mosh pit and came out with a cracked rib. Very Happy

See, stories like the above remind me of why I don't go to shows anymore. i'm too old for such nonsense. Haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Damn, Id've loved to seen them live then. Those were such killer records.

Yeah, man, you missed a good'un. The first time I saw'em was in late '89 and I think it was only their 3rd or 4th show on American soil. They didn't even bring all of their own gear over from Brazil, Igor C. played on Faith Or Fear's drum kit (F.O.F. opened the show).

My brother was the big Sepultura fan at the time, I was just kinda along for the ride, doin' him a favor cuz I knew how to get to the venue (L'amour in Brooklyn) and he didn't. I was an instant fan three songs in. They were like standing in front of a locomotive. It was one of those gigs where you wished that you were wearing a helmet cuz of all the stage divers/crowd surfers.

Then a year later when Roadrunner re-released their SCHIZOPHRENIA album they played L'amour again and my bro and I were back again too. Obituary and Sadus opened up. Whoooooly shit that was an insane show! My friend Glenn jumped in the mosh pit and came out with a cracked rib. Very Happy

See, stories like the above remind me of why I don't go to shows anymore. i'm too old for such nonsense. Haha.

Now that last one I remember, killer tour. Obituary was out for Cause Of Death Very Happy

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:11 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Now that last one I remember, killer tour. Obituary was out for Cause Of Death Very Happy

Yeah, I gotta admit, I was never much of an Obituary fan (or a fan of death metal in general) but Obituary were an INSANE live band,they came damn close to blowing Sepultura off the stage.

After that show I remember borrowing a couple of my bro's Obituary tapes thinking that I might dig'em since I enjoyed their live show but on album they just didn't do anything for me. Just something about being there live and in person, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 pm

A conversation with a friend on Facebook inspired my latest Hub entry, about what is likely the weirdest CD in my collection... a Lounge Music tribute to the Misfits!!! Very Happy

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Misfits-Meet-the-Nutley-Brass-FIEND-CLUB-LOUNGE-Misfits-RecordsRykodisc-2005
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
avatar

Posts : 709
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 48
Location : Somewhere In Time

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
A conversation with a friend on Facebook inspired my latest Hub entry, about what is likely the weirdest CD in my collection... a Lounge Music tribute to the Misfits!!! Very Happy

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Misfits-Meet-the-Nutley-Brass-FIEND-CLUB-LOUNGE-Misfits-RecordsRykodisc-2005

I was expecting a blog about Nissan pick ups!!!!!!! BTW - welcome to the world of Japanese autos!!!!! They rule!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:16 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
A conversation with a friend on Facebook inspired my latest Hub entry, about what is likely the weirdest CD in my collection... a Lounge Music tribute to the Misfits!!! Very Happy

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Misfits-Meet-the-Nutley-Brass-FIEND-CLUB-LOUNGE-Misfits-RecordsRykodisc-2005

I was expecting a blog about Nissan pick ups!!!!!!! BTW - welcome to the world of Japanese autos!!!!! They rule!!!!!!!

I haven't had the pickup long enough to write anything about it yet... it hasn't even been 24 hours! I'm sure I'll do one eventually. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Nevermind about the Misfits Lounge tribute linked above... just got an e-mail from HubPages saying that it has been "unpublished" by them. Apparently my posting of it violated some HubPages rule I didn't know about concerning "duplicate content," since it was a review I originally wrote for Detritus 'zine. Mind you I wrote that review SIX FUCKING YEARS AGO and I did some tweaks/updates to it before making it into a Hub, besides, I doubt anyone has seen it since 2005 so I have no idea who the f*ck would've recognized it, flagged it and alerted HubPages about it. But anyway, rather than cause trouble I just deleted the entry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   

Back to top Go down
 
My Writings on HubPages ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» My Writings on HubPages ...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: