HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Writings on HubPages ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
gershom

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Nice Christmas tips there F.Freddy, and damn it is too true about the damn kids, (from the day after Halloween) bugging about the Christmas lights, crazy stuff man. They have LED lights now that look like old school lights with out the miserable task of checking each and every satanic bulb on the strand, nice lights. I know they are cool cause I recently scored some brand new free ones from an evicted apartment were some got left behind, freebies rule.
I always hate seeing some dumb douche over do his yard too, and those stupid inflatables really do need to be shot. Good article man.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 pm

One benefit of living in apartment buildings is NOT having to do things like put up Christmas lights.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:30 pm

S.D. wrote:
One benefit of living in apartment buildings is NOT having to do things like put up Christmas lights.

I dunno, I actually sort of enjoy it (I guess I'm just an old softie when it comes to Xmas), I just took some of the things that could go wrong and exaggerated them for humorous effect.

Now on the other hand, one of the things I *DO* miss about apartment living is having to rake my own leaves, shovel my own snow, etc., etc. -- when my wife and I lived in our old apartment, it would give me great pleasure to sit in my window with a cold beer and look down on the landscapers doin' that shit for us. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:13 pm

S.D. wrote:

Listen to this guy talking like he'd hang em up even if he lived in a house, lazy bastard. lol!

Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Last night I watched "Blade Runner" for the first time in 20+ years and turned it into a Hub:

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Revisiting-Blade-Runner
Back to top Go down
gershom

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Last night I watched "Blade Runner" for the first time in 20+ years and turned it into a Hub:

Nice article man, I really enjoyed reading that, made me want to watch Blade Runner again.
Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I've always dug that movie. Great Article!!!! Now I have to look to see what version I have, Smile
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:47 pm

I definitely recommend reading the original novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". It's quite different than the Blade Runner film in many ways.

One note, in the novel the term "Replicant" never appears, they are called "Andy's" (short for android).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Thanx fellas. That Hub seems to be racking up some decent comments here and elsewhere, guess I did a good job on it Very Happy

I'm about halfway thru the bonus disc which is a three hour (!) documentary called "Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner" - a very in depth feature about the film's long and troubled production history. There is TONS of geek trivia in this thing. Did you know that when the script was being written, the writer imagined Robert Mitchum (!) as Deckard? Dustin Hoffman was also a serious contender for the role before they went with Harrison Ford. That would've been weird.

Also found this interesting - one of the girls in the running for the role of "Pris" (which eventually went to Daryl Hannah) was Stacey Nelkin, the hottie from "Halloween III: Season of the Witch." I always wondered what happened to her, after "H-III" she seemed to totally disappear. There are some clips of her in-character screen test, and DAMN, she would've been a very hot Pris!!

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thanx fellas. That Hub seems to be racking up some decent comments here and elsewhere, guess I did a good job on it Very Happy

I'm about halfway thru the bonus disc which is a three hour (!) documentary called "Dangerous Days: The Making of Blade Runner" - a very in depth feature about the film's long and troubled production history. There is TONS of geek trivia in this thing. Did you know that when the script was being written, the writer imagined Robert Mitchum (!) as Deckard? Dustin Hoffman was also a serious contender for the role before they went with Harrison Ford. That would've been weird.

Also found this interesting - one of the girls in the running for the role of "Pris" (which eventually went to Daryl Hannah) was Stacey Nelkin, the hottie from "Halloween III: Season of the Witch." I always wondered what happened to her, after "H-III" she seemed to totally disappear. There are some clips of her in-character screen test, and DAMN, she would've been a very hot Pris!!

Nice!!! BTW - excellent job on that review! Definitely a top 5 among what you posted on the hub so far!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 am

theJOKERiv wrote:

Nice!!! BTW - excellent job on that review! Definitely a top 5 among what you posted on the hub so far!

Thanx man. Just curious, what would the other 4 be? Very Happy

My most popular one is still the article on the Nissan Cube from a few months back... that damn thing has over 1000 views now and still picks up a couple of page views every day. Jeez! If only I could figure out how to draw that many hits on my other articles (most of which tend to gather about 100 views and then flatline), then I might actually be able to make a few bucks writing for this site!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
theJOKERiv wrote:

Thanx man. Just curious, what would the other 4 be? Very Happy

My most popular one is still the article on the Nissan Cube from a few months back... that damn thing has over 1000 views now and still picks up a couple of page views every day. Jeez! If only I could figure out how to draw that many hits on my other articles (most of which tend to gather about 100 views and then flatline), then I might actually be able to make a few bucks writing for this site!! Very Happy

The Cube would be another of the top ones! I'd have to search my memory for the other tops one..... to early in the AM!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Last night's B-Movie (1980's "Prom Night") becomes today's latest Hub entry

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-PROM-NIGHT-1980
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Sometimes you want to watch a deep, emotionally fulfilling, intelligent film that changes your entire outlook on the human condition.

...other times you just want to see Tommy Chong battling a demonically possessed bong with a chain saw.

Hence, my newest Hub review, for EVIL BONG (2006)!
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-EVIL-BONG-2006
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sometimes you want to watch a deep, emotionally fulfilling, intelligent film that changes your entire outlook on the human condition.

...other times you just want to see Tommy Chong battling a demonically possessed bong with a chain saw.

Hence, my newest Hub review, for EVIL BONG (2006)!
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-EVIL-BONG-2006

Sounds like a movie to get high to, using a bong. I am sure you could find some sort of smoking game for it! LOL!!!!!

NOTE: I haven't smoked the wacky tobaccy in years... and since I work for a government contractor and don't want to lose my my job, I guess I won't find out. Hell, I wouldn;t even know where to go buy the stuff!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:50 pm

I haven't partaken of the kind stuff in nearly 20 years myself. But the whole time I watched that flick, I couldn't help but think how much funnier it would've been if I were baked. If this movie had existed when I was in college, for-GET about it, my friends and I would've been cookin' up phatties while watching this every Saturday night!!!

As I mentioned in the review, I did come up with a drinking game based on this movie though: the characters are constantly calling each other "bro," so I figured hey, every time someone says "bro," take a drink. You'd probably be puking by the fifteen minute mark though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't partaken of the kind stuff in nearly 20 years myself. But the whole time I watched that flick, I couldn't help but think how much funnier it would've been if I were baked. If this movie had existed when I was in college, for-GET about it, my friends and I would've been cookin' up phatties while watching this every Saturday night!!!

As I mentioned in the review, I did come up with a drinking game based on this movie though: the characters are constantly calling each other "bro," so I figured hey, every time someone says "bro," take a drink. You'd probably be puking by the fifteen minute mark though. Very Happy

Sounds like a good game Bro!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

You should drop by my house sometime haha

Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:36 pm

The Full Moon Pictures marathon continues on my Hub, as I review DEMONIC TOYS (1992), a film about some playthings you definitely wouldn't want to find under your christmas tree...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-DEMONIC-TOYS-1992
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Time to do some METAL up in that Hub piece again, bro's. Put up a review of the new Megadeth today...

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Megadeth-TH1RT3EN-Roadrunner-Records-2011

Will probably have a review of the new Iced Earth to go with it sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Very nice, FF. I'd give 13 a B+ and is mush better than Endgame IMO but I like your review nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks man!

Went back to the DVD bargain bin for my newest installment... 1984's Commie Crushing classic "RED DAWN"

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-RED-DAWN-1984
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Red Dawn. I had "almost" blocked that completely from my memory...now I have to start anew! psycho killer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm

S.D. wrote:
Red Dawn. I had "almost" blocked that completely from my memory...now I have to start anew! psycho killer!

Awww c'mon. It was worth the buck I paid just to see the scene with Harry Dean Stanton screaming "BOYYYS! AVENGE ME! AVENGE MEEEEEEEEEE!" again.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Good reviews Freddy. I'm still not sure where I stand on the Deth album, need to listen to it again before I post my own review.

I also had a history teacher that loved Red Dawn. Such an awesomely bad 80's movie.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Writings on HubPages ...   

Back to top Go down

My Writings on HubPages ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next