The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caravan Anyone????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chewie

chewie

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 am

Anyone else into this quirky Prog band? I got my kids into the Land of Grey And Pink album........... They love it!!!!!

I just read this at Wiki!!!!
Quote :
In The Land Of The Grey And The Pink: A new edition of the album, remastered and mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound by Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, was released on two CDs and a DVD-Audio to coincide with its 40th anniversary.

Hello Hello (single version):

In The Land Of The Grey And The Pink:

Golf Girl:

Winter Wine:

Waterloo Lily

Be All Right / Chance Of A Lifetime:

Memory Lain, Hugh / Headloss:

The Dog, the Dog, He's at It Again:
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 am

Yeah Caravan is good stuff man, I have I think two albums, I'm going to have to see which ones, I'm pretty sure Waterloo Lilly? I think was one of them. All good jams you've posted there Chewie man.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:33 am

I've heard some songs here and there on collections, but have never heard an entire album. One of those prog bands that you would "hear of" but never actually see any releases by back in the 80's, 90's.

It's MUCH easier now to discover these old bands now via the internet.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Yes! I have If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You, For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night, Blind Dog At St. Dunstan's andBattle Of Hastings. It's been a while since I jammed 'em though.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Yes! I have If I Could Do It All Over Again I'd Do It All Over You, For Girls Who Grow Plump In The Night, Blind Dog At St. Dunstan's andBattle Of Hastings. It's been a while since I jammed 'em though.

Ya gotta get "In The Land Of The Grey And The Pink"! Great Stuff on there, too!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Will do, I gotta complete their discog along with Gentle Giant's.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:43 am

The tracks of "Golf Girl" sound pretty good. Overall, they're a little too psychadelic for my tastes.

Last edited by DeathCult on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Golf Girl is a great track. The beginning verse sections don't do much for me (the whole whimsy element of the Canterbury scene is not really my thing), but once the improv section kicks in it's killer.

Soft Machine is probably my favorite of this particular offshoot.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caravan Anyone???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caravan Anyone????   Caravan Anyone???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caravan Anyone????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: