The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Armored Saint ??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gershom

gershom

Armored Saint ?? Empty
PostSubject: Armored Saint ??   Armored Saint ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Just curious if anybody else likes this band, they are a great thrash band that gets back shelved in my opinion and they are just as good as lots of other thrash bands that came out in the 80s and 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPEwv25fdU&feature=BFp&list=FLIz752jjibxw&index=8

Here's just one great track off of my favorite album.
They have two albums that came after this one and the newest one La Raza, I didn't even know about, will have to check that out for sure.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Armored Saint ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint ??   Armored Saint ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Armored Saint ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint ??   Armored Saint ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:29 pm

I got into Armored Saint around the time of March of The Saint and Delirious Nomad. Never considered them a thrash band (or even close, just a plain old metal band sans subgenre garbage).

I kept listening through Raising Fear (my favorite) but lost interest shortly afterward. See, as good as The Saint are and as talented as some of their members are...I don't think they ever reached their true potential. They just always seemed like a "almost there" band, a group very close to a breakthrough album...that never came.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Armored Saint ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint ??   Armored Saint ?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Ohhhh yeah, me likee Armored Saint. Have been a fan ever since I saw the "Can U Deliver?" video on MTV waaaaaaayyyyy back in the day.

Never struck me as particularly "thrash" either though.

My faves are the debut (MARCH OF THE SAINT, '84) and SYMBOL OF SALVATION (91) though truthfully they're all pretty damn good.

I have LA RAZA around here somewhere but I've barely listened to it, it sounded OK on the first spin or two but it never really grabbed me by the nards. Now that you got me thinking about it I may have to dig it out and re-assess that one. It didn't strike me as "bad," but it seemed kinda "meh."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armored Saint ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armored Saint ??   Armored Saint ?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armored Saint ??
Page 1 of 1