The Workshop Of The Telescopes
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
avatar

Posts : 709
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 48
Location : Somewhere In Time

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any of the 'Unforgiven' tracks from Metallica. The first one was tollerable at the time, but the other 2 were just ponderous and a waste of time. I'd skip all 3 now though.

I hear ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Speaking of Metallica, I've always hated that song Fuel.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
chewie

avatar

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Plant's solo albums have some moments here and there, but I've yet to hear an entire album that I've enjoyed all the way through...unlike Zeppelin for example.


That Tall Cool One song SUCKS, though!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
avatar

Posts : 474
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 46
Location : Fortress of Solitude Tool Shed

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:00 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Speaking of Metallica, I've always hated that song Fuel.



I don't hate the song, but the opening lines always bothered me. "Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire" Rhyming fire & desire is Bad Poetry 101 isn't it?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 pm

I never liked the studio version of "Fuel" but it's a kickass live track.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Speaking of Metallica, I've always hated that song Fuel.



I don't hate the song, but the opening lines always bothered me. "Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire" Rhyming fire & desire is Bad Poetry 101 isn't it?

My thoughts exactly MG.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Just ran through it on youtube real fast to see if I missed anything. Meh, it's got some ok parts to it musically, but the vocals suck, and its pretty damn boring after the first minute and a half. This just isn't an era of Metallica I dig, some of the songs are pretty ok, but they're being done by the wrong band.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
gershom

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 am

me so stupid & punk ass boyfriend -ZZ Top off of Mescalero, not big on this album in general.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 pm

gershom wrote:
me so stupid & punk ass boyfriend -ZZ Top off of Mescalero, not big on this album in general.

Mescalero has some good moments although what is good is good and what isn't, isn't. There's no in between on that album. All 3 guys have killer tone and it's nice to see they added new things like an accordion (which they used perfectly) and singin' in ol' Espanol...but those two songs suck among others.
Back to top Go down
gershom

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Akeldama wrote:
gershom wrote:
me so stupid & punk ass boyfriend -ZZ Top off of Mescalero, not big on this album in general.

Mescalero has some good moments although what is good is good and what isn't, isn't. There's no in between on that album. All 3 guys have killer tone and it's nice to see they added new things like an accordion (which they used perfectly) and singin' in ol' Espanol...but those two songs suck among others.

yeah for sure, but your right the title track, and Que Lastima and a few others are pretty good, the good ones need to be weeded out of the bad ones, like on a ZZ playlist.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm

I'll post my latter era ZZ Top playlist @ work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:53 pm

The Moody Blues-Ride My See-Saw & I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band).
Back to top Go down
gershom

avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Akeldama wrote:
The Moody Blues-Ride My See-Saw & I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock & Roll Band).

yeah I never cared for "I'm just a singer...." either the other one I don't recall.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.

I don't mind it at all but I would've preferred an original over it.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target
avatar

Posts : 487
Join date : 2010-01-18
Location : Maine

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Wishbone Ash-Warrior. The only track on Argus that I can't stand
Stump-Buffalo, which I think is intentionally bad, but still.
Traffic-Rock & Roll Stew. Once again, the only weak spot on a perfect album
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
avatar

Posts : 2164
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Arkham

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.

I don't mind it at all but I would've preferred an original over it.

It should just end with "Plaster Caster" it works well as a last track and keeps the album pretty solid. The cover I could really do without. I listened to it when I just spun Love Gun for the first time in about 8 years, and snapped down the volume almost to mute before it was halfway through. It doesn't sound terrible I suppose, but it's just a bad song.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
avatar

Posts : 709
Join date : 2010-04-11
Age : 48
Location : Somewhere In Time

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:50 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.

I don't mind it at all but I would've preferred an original over it.

It should just end with "Plaster Caster" it works well as a last track and keeps the album pretty solid. The cover I could really do without. I listened to it when I just spun Love Gun for the first time in about 8 years, and snapped down the volume almost to mute before it was halfway through. It doesn't sound terrible I suppose, but it's just a bad song.

It probably would have worked better if the lyrics where changed to "And then she blew me"
Back to top Go down
chewie

avatar

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:31 pm

theJOKERiv wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Kiss' cover of Then He Kissed Me. Ugh, maybe as a single, but it totally taints the record its on. At least it's the last track.

I don't mind it at all but I would've preferred an original over it.

It should just end with "Plaster Caster" it works well as a last track and keeps the album pretty solid. The cover I could really do without. I listened to it when I just spun Love Gun for the first time in about 8 years, and snapped down the volume almost to mute before it was halfway through. It doesn't sound terrible I suppose, but it's just a bad song.

It probably would have worked better if the lyrics where changed to "And then she blew me"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

avatar

Posts : 2562
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 20
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Special Guest wrote:
Wishbone Ash-Warrior. The only track on Argus that I can't stand

Really? That's the song that originally made me a fan of Wishbone Ash.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Yeah, Warrior is a great tune, prolly the one that got me into Wishbone Ash as well.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:45 pm

BTO-Takin' Care Of Business
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
avatar

Posts : 6538
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : Los Angeles, CA

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Akeldama wrote:
BTO-Takin' Care Of Business

That one was killed through use in advertising and sporting events. We Are The Champions suffered the same fate.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
avatar

Posts : 6579
Join date : 2009-12-12
Age : 97
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

Totally agree, SD. I can remember a time when I liked both songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
avatar

Posts : 1300
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 47
Location : West Milford, NJ

PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   Fri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

I love Twisted Sister to death but I've always hated "You're Not Alone (Suzette's Song)" on YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK N ROLL.
...yeah, it's a lovely ballad by Dee dedicated to his wife, and I hope it got him laid, but I can't stand that track!!

Even during my fanboy teenage "All Metallica All The Time" phase, I never really liked "Seek & Destroy" or "Escape" much.

Megadeth's "Moto Psycho" is fuckin' awful.

Much of the Ramones' PLEASANT DREAMS is pretty weak sauce, ditto for the bulk of Warrior Soul's CHILL PILL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig   

Back to top Go down
 
Tunes You Hate From Bands Ya Dig
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Grrrrr....I really hate iTunes
» No Beer Bands
» 70's bands still going strong
» bands like MeWithoutYou or Callisto?
» I Hate EMI Music

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: The Red & The Black-
Jump to: