The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Concert Dilema

Go down 
+4
DeathCult
gershom
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Thursday, November 10th I've got 2 options.

1. Foo Fighters w/Social Distortion
2. Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel

Pros for Option 1:
-concert at my place of work, no need to travel anywhere
-since it's at work, I can view for FREE
-never saw the Foos, seen SD twice before and they're great
-I can bring some beers in with me that morning and keep 'em in the office fridge till showtime
-already established with the wife that I'm staying late to watch the show
-I can sit in a comfy chair with awesome sightlines

Cons for Option 1:
-none really. It's 2 bands I want to see, it's free and I can drink free beer. So I might be watching solo, but that's not a big deal to me

Pros for Option 2:
-it's 3 classic thrash bands that I've never seen live with mostly original line-ups
-who knows if I'll get a chance to see these 3 live again
-potentially fun night out with some buddies
-tix are only $32. Not too bad
-pregaming in the parking lot with friends

Cons for Option 2:
-if I want to go with friends, it's all on me to organize it. Emails, phone calls, convincing them to go, purchase tix, set up times, etc.
-$32 is more than FREE
-gotta travel into town for a smaller, but more awesome, venue
-pay to park
-if I fly solo, pregaming in the lot beforehand is just sad
-expensive beer in venue (aside from the pre-gaming we'll do in the parking lot)
-standing all night on the balcony level, with potential for obstructed views or douchy fans packed-in like sardines

What to do, what to do?!?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Option 1 is what I'd go for. But then I always choose the path of least resistance. Smile
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:45 pm

I think option 1 sound great, free being the key word, FREE BEER and free entry.

option 2 is awesome if you can convince some folks to go with you, never mosh alone.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Option 1 is probably what I would go with.

Option 2 sounds tasty because of the bands, but eh, only works if someone goes with ya.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Quote :
option 2 is awesome if you can convince some folks to go with you, never mosh alone.

Ha-ha! Not a chance. I'm too old for that shit anymore. The floor will be a giant pit, I'm sure. I'd be safely tucked away on the balcony by the bar.

I'm leaning towards the Foo Fighters, just becasue I've already been getting myself psyched up for it. I only found out about the Anthrax show this morning. I was so pissed when I found out they were the same goddamn night. I've been to 1 show in the last year or 2 and now I get 2 great options in the same frickin night! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Foo Fighters put on a killer live show, I saw them in Seattle and they tear the roof off.

As much as it would be fun to see the second show, I'm not sure I'm young enough for that particular crowd any longer.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:27 pm

FREE!!!!!

That is all I have to say...........................................
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:59 pm

My inner fourteen year old is saying "Dude! Anthrax, Testament and Death Angel? Shit yea! Mosh it up!"

... but he's being shouted down by my outer forty-one year old who's saying "Shut up you damn kid. Go to the free show, you can bring your own beer, and watch it in comfort? Shit Yeah!"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Sometimes it's better not to see your favorite older acts actually. Not everyone is like Maiden, believe me. haha
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Yeah, I saw "Starz" open for Saxon and THEY should have retired about 20 years ago...LOL.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 am

Easy for me, since I have saw Anthrax last year and Testament the year before and I've never seen the Foo Fighter....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:50 am

I'll probably just stay and watch the Foos. Like Spec mentioned, it's the past of least resistance at this point. I'm already working that day, so I don't have to do anything else other than sit there on my ass and wait for the show that night. There is some other opening act that I never heard of, but I also get to see Social Distortion for the 3rd time, which is also a plus.

And not only can I bring in my own beers, I can bring in my own GOOD beer.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'll probably just stay and watch the Foos. Like Spec mentioned, it's the past of least resistance at this point. I'm already working that day, so I don't have to do anything else other than sit there on my ass and wait for the show that night. There is some other opening act that I never heard of, but I also get to see Social Distortion for the 3rd time, which is also a plus.

And not only can I bring in my own beers, I can bring in my own GOOD beer.

What's wrong with $10 cheap beer? LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 am

It just goes against every fiber in my body to pay $10 bucks for a can of warm Miller Lite that they dump into a cup for you.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It just goes against every fiber in my body to pay $10 bucks for a can of warm Miller Lite that they dump into a cup for you.

LMAO!!! I hear ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Concert Dilema Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Dilema   Concert Dilema I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concert Dilema
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: One More Red Nightmare :: How was your day?-
Jump to: