The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Bout Some RAZOR??

Go down 
+4
DeathCult
Zymurgist
Stender
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

How Bout Some RAZOR?? Empty
PostSubject: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Canadian bad-asses who sounded kinda like the love child of Slayer and Motorhead, with one of the most killer high-screech vocalists ever (the greatly missed Stace "Sheepdog" McLaren)... anyone else remember these Canucks?
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:01 am

Best thrash band out of canada besides maybe infernal majesty...kick axe man. I love how even when they were putting out records in like 1997 they sounded the same when they first started. TRUE METALLERS TO THE MAX!!!!!!!

Fav album is probably shotgun justice, although man....Violent restitution rages as well.
Back to top Go down
Zymurgist
Sleep Dirt
Zymurgist

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:15 pm

Cut Throat was a pretty bad-ass tune.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Stender wrote:
Best thrash band out of canada besides maybe infernal majesty...kick axe man. I love how even when they were putting out records in like 1997 they sounded the same when they first started. TRUE METALLERS TO THE MAX!!!!!!!

Fav album is probably shotgun justice, although man....Violent restitution rages as well.

To be honest I'm unfamiliar with any of their stuff post-VIOLENT RESTITUTION (the one with the chainsaw on the cover), haha... my fave would probably be MALICIOUS INTENT... tho EVIL INVADERS has a truly bad-ass title song...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:50 pm

"Mike, M-Bro's college fund is missing. Did you take it?"

"Yes, I did! So what? You wanna make something of it?"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 11:45 am

Love 'em, easily the second best thrash band out of Canada. Although I do like the McLaren era alot, where its really at with these guys for me is SHOTGUN JUSTICE and OPEN HOSTILITY. Couple of truly ass kicking unrelenting albums that never get dull there. EVIL INVADERS and VIOLENT RESTITUTION are my favorite from the Mclaren era. Despite liking them, it didnt really "click" for me at first.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:46 pm

I remember the band giving away a buncha free mp3 downloads from their website awhlie back. I burned them to a cdr, but don't know where I put it. I think it's in a drawer at work amongs a pile of cdr's. Don't know much about them though.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Love 'em, easily the second best thrash band out of Canada. Although I do like the McLaren era alot, where its really at with these guys for me is SHOTGUN JUSTICE and OPEN HOSTILITY. Couple of truly ass kicking unrelenting albums that never get dull there. EVIL INVADERS and VIOLENT RESTITUTION are my favorite from the Mclaren era. Despite liking them, it didnt really "click" for me at first.

Oh yeah, I forgot about voivod..haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:46 am

Stender wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about voivod..haha.

Not while Im around...no one shall ever forget Voivod (insert evil laugh)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Speaking of VoiVod, I just got their new CD INFINI for my brother for Christmas... the CD cover has a little paper strip across the top that sez "VOIVOD - for fans of Mastedon, Metallica, and early Soundgarden!"

...umm, what the fuck? Does their retard -- I mean, record -- label really think such labeling is necessary? I would hope by now that most if not all metal heads have some idea of what VoiVod sounds like (and for my $$ they don't sound much like Mastedon, Metallica, OR early Soundgarden!). My bro is gonna laugh his ass off when he unwraps that CD on Christmas day and sees those "comparisons."
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Speaking of VoiVod, I just got their new CD INFINI for my brother for Christmas... the CD cover has a little paper strip across the top that sez "VOIVOD - for fans of Mastedon, Metallica, and early Soundgarden!"

...umm, what the fuck? Does their retard -- I mean, record -- label really think such labeling is necessary? I would hope by now that most if not all metal heads have some idea of what VoiVod sounds like (and for my $$ they don't sound much like Mastedon, Metallica, OR early Soundgarden!). My bro is gonna laugh his ass off when he unwraps that CD on Christmas day and sees those "comparisons."

Funny thing is, if I DIDNT know who voivod was, I probably wouldnt have given the disc a shot based off that label.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:04 am

Love me some Razor, I've always said SHotgun Justice was my fave but now I think Violent Restitution is just as good, that scream on The Marshall Arts is just brutal!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 am

I only have Shotgun Justice (thanks to DC)...but I DIG it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Detuned wrote:
I only have Shotgun Justice (thanks to DC)...but I DIG it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So much hatred directed towards the music industry on that album. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:41 am

Open Hostility is another great album, every bit as good as the rest. If you haven't heard it...get it!
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Open Hostility is another great album, every bit as good as the rest. If you haven't heard it...get it!

I just listened to that recently and I think its one of their top records. I dig the cover.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23

Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:27 pm

RAZOR were ultra-heavy. They remind me a lot of Vengeance Rising.
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
RAZOR were ultra-heavy. They remind me a lot of Vengeance Rising.

For real? I dont hear that at all.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

I like the lyrical brutality of Shotgun Justice and Open Hostility but I prefer Sheepdog's voice, Bob Reid's voice reminds me of Milhouse Van Houten when he yells on the Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:37 am

I feel a Razor kick coming on...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 12:18 pm

When I'm in a Thrash mood Razor is the band I usually reach for.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 pm

I haven't listened to Razor in over a year. Think I'll change that later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Bout Some RAZOR??   How Bout Some RAZOR?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Bout Some RAZOR??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Several Species of Small Furry Animals... :: Cities On Flame...-
Jump to: