The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recommended Jam of the day

Go down 
+5
Metal-On-Metal
chewie
gershom
Akeldama
S.D.
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks, D.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Check this out!!!!!

I should play this next Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 pm

I really like the guitar in that one; surprisingly jazzy.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:06 pm

The whole album is built on groove and open space, Javier is really influenced by Jazz, Classical and Flamenco. I like the whole EP b/c it's a different beast from AAL altogether.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 2:30 am

This one is interesting... and a twofer. I don't like the way the tunes get cutoff, but there are two people who have big hits in the 80s that are in Stevie's band.

Can you name the two artists and the hits?
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am

Michael Sembello had a hit with "Maniac" and he's the hippie dude.
Deniece Williams in one of the background singers and she had a hit with "Let's Hear It For The Boy". God I hate that song.
The group was called Wonderlove.
Great version of "Contusion", I can't believe the dude playing all the tasty leads on it is the "Maniac" guy. All those Orange amps make me green with envy.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Michael Sembello had a hit with "Maniac" and he's the hippie dude.
Deniece Williams in one of the background singers and she had a hit with "Let's Hear It For The Boy". God I hate that song.
The group was called Wonderlove.
Great version of "Contusion", I can't believe the dude playing all the tasty leads on it is the "Maniac" guy. All those Orange amps make me green with envy.

Bingo!!!!

I was trippin' when I found out, too! That's the Maniac guy? I didn't know he played guitar like that!!! He kinda looks uncomfortable like he's looking for cues to the changes in the songs.
All those Orange amps are quite the site.

His whole band is pretty badass!

Some interesting things:
Contusion wouldn't be released until 1976
Sembello studied with Pat Martino
also, Sembello was chosen as one of the core artists who worked on Songs in the Key of Life.
Tonto's Expanding Head Band's Margouleff and Cecil were a big influence on Wonder's classic 70s albums Music Of My Mind thru Fulfillingness' First Finale as associate producers, engineers and programmers (and winning them an engineering Grammy for Talking Book).

Oh......... that will be the second R&B band that I have seen using Orange Amps. Heatwave's original guitar player used Orange Amps.

This should be released officially. I never knew Stevie was so kickass live!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I noticed Sembello looked a little lost at times. At first I was looking at the background singer closest to me and thought that was Dionne Warwick Razz

I think you put me on a Stevie Wonder kick now...
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm

The young jazzers that I go see on monday nights, played this last night, with guitar instead of piano.

It was nice. This song has a great groove to it. I gotta get me some more Coltrane!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 3:12 am

Ak, if you hadn't heard this dude already, check this out. Really great folk-country; Blaze Foley.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Blaze Foley is a name I'm familiar with but just by judging him based on looks (I don't know why) I never wanted to jam his stuff but this was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:06 pm

I hear some sounds that Keith Emerson would use on Lucky Man...........
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:49 pm

KILLER jam by The Pie

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 am

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 2:02 pm

This shit is fucking tasty.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 10:45 pm

Great band. I love that era of Talking Heads.

I've been listening to this band from New Orleans called Abigail's Ghost that has some interesting stuff, they are definitely in the Porcupine Tree/Riverside/The Pineapple Thief camp but put their own spin on things. Several of the songs on the album feature violin and they get some nice arrangements going on.

Plus they are catchy as hell.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm totally adding that to a spotify playlist later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Jam of the day   Recommended Jam of the day - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended Jam of the day
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dramatic Themes-
Jump to: