The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+7
MetalGuy71
chewie
DeathCult
S.D.
Akeldama
theJOKERiv
gershom
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I've been told by some friends that Mastodon's live shows vary. Some nights they're on fire, while others just plod along. They're a talented group, but their live chops aren't very tight.

I'm not too familiar with their catalog pre-Crack the Skye, so I'm not sure how much of the setlist I would know (and enjoy) before going to the show.

The setlist was almost entirely "The Hunter". In addition they played 2 songs from Crack The Skye, 1 from Blood Mountain and 2 from Leviathan.

Mastodon and Opeth played the same length sets (70 minutes), however in that same period of time Mastodon played 17 songs and Opeth did 9. LOL.

Did Opeth play any of the heavy material, or was it just Heritage and Damnation?
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:

Did Opeth play any of the heavy material, or was it just Heritage and Damnation?

Due to pressure from the "death metal fanbase" they've added "Demon Of The Fall" and "The Grand Conjuration" as the set-closers.

Opeth setlist:
01 “The Devil’s Orchard”
02 “I Feel The Dark”
03 “Slither”
04 “Windowpane”
05 “Burden” (with added guitar solo trade off)
06 “The Lines In My Hand”
07 “Folklore” (best song of the night, amazing stretched out ending jam)
08 “Demon Of The Fall”
09 “The Grand Conjuration”
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:19 pm

That's a great setlist, man. I might have to jam Heritage tonight.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:54 pm

I love how Mikael named a couple of Opeth's instrumentals after classic prog songs (ie. Madrigal; For Absent Friends). And some other songs were named after really obscure albums and bands, like Nepenthe and Haxprocess.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:30 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I love how Mikael named a couple of Opeth's instrumentals after classic prog songs (ie. Madrigal; For Absent Friends). And some other songs were named after really obscure albums and bands, like Nepenthe and Haxprocess.

He's been doing that for a long time, look at Blackwater Park for example....
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:10 pm

It kinda makes me want to listen to those albums... but most of them are so hard to come by you can't even torrent 'em, hahah.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Gonna listen to Coast To Coast AM Radio in about 1/2 an hour, great show.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Wave Of Babies sounds damn good with no accompaniment.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Just sampled the yet-to-be-released Born & Raised album from John Mayer and I'm liking it...
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:33 pm

I have had this theme in my head for the last 3 days. I haven't played the game in years.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Dude, the SNES was the best console evah!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Dude, the SNES was the best console evah!!!!!

I second that man, SNES was bad ass. Castlevania was bad ass too.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:19 am

Damn nature, you scary!

The SNES was a great system. Mine unfortunately broke a few years ago. Still have and play my NES and Sega Genesis though.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:47 am

DeathCult wrote:
Damn nature, you scary!

The SNES was a great system. Mine unfortunately broke a few years ago. Still have and play my NES and Sega Genesis though.

That sucks man, I haven't had a SNES system in forever, but next best thing, I got emulators from a friend and can play them on a computer, could hook you up with em' if your interested.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Motorboating anyone?

A Galveston County, Texas Constable is accused by a former employee of wildly inappropriate and crude acts including what one publication describes as "forced motorboating."

It's part of a sexual harassment lawsuit filed earlier this month against Pam Matranga by former deputy James Gist, the Houston Press reported.

Matranga walked up behind Gist, pulled her blouse over his head and pressed "her breasts against the head of Plaintiff," according to the lawsuit, in one of several graphic encounters that she allegedly instigated last year.

On another occasion, the suit claims Matranga, "began joking with plaintiff about attending 'chunky chick night' at strip clubs in the area where [she] would have the opportunity to perform. Defendant Matranga proceeded to lift one leg over the arm of plaintiff's chair and began making gyrating motions with her hips, while placing her hands at the top of plaintiff's chair, mimicking how a topless dancer would perform a lap dance at a strip club."

She also allegedly put a pack of cigarettes between her legs and told Gist, "Oh! I have the box right here in my box."

Matranga's office did not immediately return a call for comment from The Huffington Post, but she denied the accusations on her Facebook page and in an interview with the Galveston Daily News.

Matranga said the suit was filed in retaliation for not changing a legal document "in Gist's favor," the Constable's Facebook page says.

The politician also told the Daily News, “I’m a jester, I am not a girlie girl. I think a lot of things have been taken out of context.”

She told the paper that nothing she did was grounds for a sexual harassment suit.

For those who might be skeptical of Gist's allegations because he's a man, the former deputy had this to say to KPRC:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1495425.html
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Damn dude this sounded like a good thing till you see the ladies pic, eww I don't blame the guy for feeling harrased.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:25 am

So we're listening to Smokin'(The Fixer) during dinner and my younger son asks if it is The Black Crowes. I say no, it's Humble Pie and he says, oh yea, they're good too and proceeds to tell me that he likes and was listening to the song "Shine On"(Humble Pie version, which he found on his own).

I think I'm doing something, musically, right Laughing
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:21 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Right on chewie cheers
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Ha ha, kewl chew. I had a similar experience with my 3 year old daughter last night. She always tells me, "let's listen to Jazz daddy!" so I put on Miles Davis-On The Corner and after jamming that a while she wanted to jam The New Cool Collective b/c she likes the bass on one particular song so I jammed it and she tells me, "Daddy, just call me Jazz from now on." How kewl is that!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 12:01 pm

According to my iTunes library, Captain Beyond's eponymous debut is the only "perfect 5" I have.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:43 pm

I never bother to rate albums in iTunes, I keep all that in my head. Plus it annoys me they use a 5-star system, I'm a fan of the old 4-star system, that's all the stars ya need.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Due to my slight OCD, I have every single album/song rated 5 stars in WMP. It annoys the hell out of me to see an unrated album, haha.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Awesome docu on Stevie Ray there man, that was cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts Thread   Random Thoughts Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts Thread
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next