The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steve Harris-British Lion

Go down 
+2
S.D.
Akeldama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Steve Harris-British Lion Empty
PostSubject: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 pm

http://www.ironmaiden.com/steve-harris-british-lion---brand-new-album-released-september-24.html

Harris is the last guy I'd expect a solo album from and seeing the consistent line-up this seems more like a side project. I'm happy for Steve and I hope it kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing this and hope Steve shows off another side to his songwriting.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 am

Looking forward to it!!!! I don't expect it to sound very Maiden-like. The early word is that is; very much a 70's hard rock album. And it;s not something he told me when I had the chance to meet him!

Steve Harris-British Lion Img_0717
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:12 am

Yeah, I heard that too and that made me wonder why Janick wasn't on board seeing that that was his specialty. I think it'll be really good though.

Kewl pic, Joker. He looks genuinely happy to take that pic, most musicians have a scowl or aren't even looking into the camera and if there's one thing that annoys me is ppl not looking into the camera on pics.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 am

Also, I think a "caption this photo" is so in order since you get to rub it in.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:27 am

Akeldama wrote:
Also, I think a "caption this photo" is so in order since you get to rub it in.

LOL!!! Nah!!!!!

he was very cool and seemed very happy to take the pics! He actually was on his way to do media interviews and specifically stopped for the pic!
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm really interested in this; I've always suspected he was influenced by Wishbone Ash and other prog artists, and I'd like to see that reflect in this album.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:20 pm

You can hear some of those influences in the covers Maiden has recorded. They've done great covers of Jethro Tull (Cross Eyed Mary), Nektar (King Of Twilight), Thin LIzzy (Massacre), Stray (All In Your Mind), Budgie (I Can't See My Feelings), etc.

Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 pm

I've heard a couple of those, and yeah, they're all very well done. I really think this album could be good.

Their cover of Kill Me (Ce Soir) is another good one, that was the song that got me interested in Golden Earring. Same story with the Nektar cover.
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:50 am

Yeah nice pic man, Steve has been one of my favorite musicians since I was a kid, very nice man.

Does anybody know who all is jamming on this upcoming album? I know I could just look it up but I'm lazy that way. Razz
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 am

gershom wrote:
Yeah nice pic man, Steve has been one of my favorite musicians since I was a kid, very nice man.

Does anybody know who all is jamming on this upcoming album? I know I could just look it up but I'm lazy that way. Razz

They released a pic, but I am not sure who is in the band.

BTW - I'm 5ft 10 inches tall, so that should give you an idea of how short Steve is!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Saw this posted on his Facebook about a week ago. I'm really excited to hear this album. Steve's always showed his affinity for 70's hard rock and did amazing covers to some of his favorites with Maiden. It's going to be awesome to hear another side of his writing, and I'll bet it's going to be a classic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Harris-British Lion   Steve Harris-British Lion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Harris-British Lion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: