The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advice, Help, Assistance.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Smug Prick
SpectreFate

Advice, Help, Assistance.  Empty
PostSubject: Advice, Help, Assistance.    Advice, Help, Assistance.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Can anyone introduce me to some more music in the vein of this song? This is just about the most badass thing I have heard in forever, now Daddy wants more. I don't even know what to call it.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Advice, Help, Assistance.    Advice, Help, Assistance.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 pm

It's British jazz-rock from the late 60s, the song itself is based off a modal vamp reminiscent of late 60s soul jazz stuff like John Patton, Larry Young, Reuben Wilson and Leon Spencer Jr. Might also check out the first couple Lonnie Liston Smith albums on Flying Dutchman.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Advice, Help, Assistance.    Advice, Help, Assistance.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:08 pm

John Patton - Lite Hit (1969) (they posted the incorrect album cover for the video)

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Advice, Help, Assistance.    Advice, Help, Assistance.  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:15 pm

It sounds like the soundtrack to an old educational film:

"Ogdenville. The City of Tomorrow...Today. Where the youth is taking control and making a difference. Check out those groovy new threads on Tom. He sure is one hip cat. Far out, Tom!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice, Help, Assistance.    Advice, Help, Assistance.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice, Help, Assistance.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: