The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Akeldama wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Yesterday I watched Inglourious Basterds.

How is that?

I enjoyed it; it's humorous, serious, bloody, & any other adjective my mind can't think of at the moment. I'd recommend it.

The opening sequence in the cabin is one of the most suspenseful in recent memory.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Switching between Murray/Djokovic and Bengals/Ravens.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Watched some more of season four of Parks and Recreation.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Heroes - season 1
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Got another whole mess o' films from the library yesterday so my viewing slate is full again. On tap...

"Halloween II" (Rob Zombie version) - I didn't love Zombie's 2007 "Halloween" retread, but didn't hate it either. I'm told this one is pretty awful, but I figured I'd check it out anyway due to my completist nature, I've seen every other Halloween film. Besides, there's no way it can be worse than either "Halloween 5" or "Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers" (aka "Halloween 6").

"Trick r' Treat" - speaking of Halloween, this anthology film is a great kickoff to your trick or treat season. Saw this one a couple of years ago and looking forward to seeing it again.

"Gran Torino" - My brother has been raving about this movie to me for a couple of months now, so I figured I should see what all the fuss is about.

"Shaun of the Dead" - seeing "Hot Fuzz" last week made me wanna re-visit the first film I saw from Simon Pegg and his crew.
Back to top Go down
chewie

chewie

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Trick r' Treat" - speaking of Halloween, this anthology film is a great kickoff to your trick or treat season. Saw this one a couple of years ago and looking forward to seeing it again.

I accidently got that on Netflix thinking it was the one from the 80s.................

My wife and I really ended up enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:33 pm

chewie wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I accidently got that on Netflix thinking it was the one from the 80s.................

My wife and I really ended up enjoying it!

Yeah, it's a good'un. I had heard that there was a sequel in the works but that was a while ago. It really does a nice job of capturing the "Halloween" atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Gran Torino is a great flick, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Saw this one in the theater tonight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:14 am

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Saw this one in the theater tonight.

How was it? It looked very funny based on the trailers.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm not a critic by any means, but I enjoyed it. There were a handful of laugh out loud moments, while the rest of the time was pretty chuckle inducing. Zack Galifianakis's fake southern accent had me cracking up the whole time, though.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:08 am

S.D. wrote:

Nice!!! I watched it over the weekend again
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I really enjoyed the documentary.
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am

S.D. wrote:
I really enjoyed the documentary.

It was good - very cool to see what goes into getting the whole production together. The guy that put it together (Andy Matthews) is a cool guy. He also worked on The Beatles Anthology doc (He was the Editor I think). He works for Maiden now full time (does the video screens at the concerts, which is how I got to know him). He also edited En Vivo
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Got a couple of new ones (well, they're new to me, anyway) from the library today... "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" and "Fantastic Voyage." I've never seen "Sky Captain" but I'm fairly sure I saw at least some of "F.V." when I was a kid.

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Fantastic Voyage goes great with a big fat doobie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fantastic Voyage goes great with a big fat doobie.

I don't have any doobies but I do have a couple of 24 oz. beers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:22 pm

NFL.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 am

I've worked every Sunday since the season started, so I doubt I'll be watching any football until the playoffs start. (I also don't have ESPN so I can't see the Monday night games).

Watching a couple episodes of Grimm tonight to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Got a mini-John Carpenter marathon set up for the next couple of days.,. I just picked up his newest, "The Ward," from the library, and two of his vintage classics too: "The Fog" (haven't seen that since I was a pup) and "Escape From New York" (seen it a bunch of times but it's been a while).

"Escape From New York" is some kind of sooper dooper deluxe 2 DVD edition with a ton of geeky bonus features, and even came with a mini Snake Plissken comic book! Neat-o.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 pm

"The Ward" is "pretty good", I liked the overall vibe, but in the end it ended up being fairly derivative and not nearly as effective as it should have been based on the cast (which is quite good) and Carpenter's considerable talents.

The Fog is still great though.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:29 am

I've heard mixed reviews on "The Ward" myself, I personally think Carpenter's best days are behind him but he made some great shit in his day so I'll always give him a chance.

Started my mini JC Festival with "The Fog" and it was just as kickass as I remember. I'd seen a bit of the 2005 remake on TV a couple of weeks ago and it looked awful, so I'd said "Screw this thing, I gotta see the original again." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:51 am

Funny People (2009 - Judd Apatow)

Now I can say there have been 2 good movies starring Adam Sandler (the other being Punch Drunk Love). This expertly written, directed and acted comedy/drama is a real winner, Apatow continues to impress me as the most original comedy man working in Hollywood. Lesle Mann (wife of Judd Apatow) again steals every single scene she's in, the same way that she did in Knocked Up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:30 am

Workin' my way up to John Carpenter's "The Ward" -- watched "Escape From New York" last night, still a great flick.

Though I'm tempted to interrupt my mini-Carpenter film festival tonight in favor of this baby:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 7 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next