The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you watchin' tonight?

Go down 
+7
theJOKERiv
Metal-On-Metal
SpectreFate
Akeldama
gershom
S.D.
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 am

Ooookay, so "Elektra" pretty much sucked rocks. "Wrong Turn" was good gory fun though.

Just returned the last batch o' DVDs to the library and picked this up for tonight:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ooookay, so "Elektra" pretty much sucked rocks. "Wrong Turn" was good gory fun though.

Just returned the last batch o' DVDs to the library and picked this up for tonight:

I'll be interested to hear your opinion on that one. About half the people that see it think it's amazing, the other half rip it to shreds for the various plot holes and incongruities. I'm somewhere in the middle of those two camps.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 am

Just finished "Prometheus" -- I enjoyed it. I can see why so many "Alien" fanboys (who were probably hoping to see Space Marines, face-huggers and chest bursting galore) were honked off by it because it's really not an "Alien" movie (even though it takes place in the same universe). On its own it was just a cool, slow-burning sci-fi/horror flick. Ridley Scott's movies are always full of eye candy and this was no exception.

...oh, and Charlize Theron was a total bitch. I cheered when she got crushed to death by the falling alien ship. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:01 am

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 am

Cool, I need to track that down.

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:25 pm

It just came in yesterday, it was the first time I watched it. I would have liked a little more detail on some things but it is a good introduction for somebody just discovering Townes.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Saw this at the budget cinema on Thursday, a fun satire on the whole "Glee generation" written by the 30 Rock folks.

Pitch Perfect (2012)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Tonight's library pickup:
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm

I really dig the Animated Series of both Batman and Superman.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Friday The 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter & Part 5: A New Beginning
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:59 pm

I've been watching season 7 of How I Met Your Mother, and I also caught up on a few episodes of the current season of Parks and Recreation.

I got on Netflix earlier to watch Dazed and Confused, but apparently it had been removed from the streaming service. Sad
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Two excellent movies that I've seen before but felt like revisiting, still love both films...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 am

Two more library pickups:
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm

By far the strangest comedy I've seen this year, but I'm just weird enough to totally get the humor. The characters and situations are so odd that it feels like the film takes place in an alternate universe, where people still read books and use words like "foreboding" in conversations.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Started my "Twisted Christmas" film festival with "Bad Santa" and "Silent Night," tonight it'll be:

(I saw the 1970's original last year and dug it. I hear this remake is awful but I couldn't pass it up cuz of the eye candy factor...Lacey Chabert, Michelle Trachtenberg, Mary Elizabeth Winstead...!!)

On deck:
and
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:39 pm

I just finished the 1st season of That '70s Show.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Akeldama wrote:

Coincidentally, I was watching season 1 earlier today. The disco episode, I forget what it's called, and I'm too lazy to look it up.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
Akeldama wrote:

Coincidentally, I was watching season 1 earlier today. The disco episode, I forget what it's called, and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Great minds... Actually it's called "That Disco Episode". I started season 2 earlier.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:24 pm

I'm about to flip a coin to decide between my two latest library pickups:

(flip) aaaaaaaand....iiiiit's...."Lockout!"
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 am

They were both terrible. My roommate started watching Real Steel one night, I made it for about 20 minutes and had to get the hell out of there.

laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 am

S.D. wrote:
They were both terrible. My roommate started watching Real Steel one night, I made it for about 20 minutes and had to get the hell out of there.

laughing very hard

My kids are more interested in "Real Steel" than I am, I picked that up mainly for their sake.

But yea, "Lockout" was pretty weak sauce. Nice looking flick, no story whatsoever. They just took "Die Hard," "Outland," and "Escape From New York," put them all in a blender, and hit "puree."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 am

OK, so I watched "Real Steel" tonight... the scenes with robots beatin' the shit out of each other were loads of fun but the schmaltzy stuff w/Jackman's character bonding with his long lost son over their mutual love of robot fighting was a bit much.

Guess I'll move onto my newly-acquired Bond DVDs over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm

I haven't jammed much music since Saturday but I watched NFL and That '70s Show Season 2 Disc 1 and part of Disc 2.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Got off my ass and went to a movie theater last night with some friends.

Saw this...

...and laughed myself silly!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm gonna start watching the complete series of Star Trek TNG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you watchin' tonight?   What you watchin' tonight? - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you watchin' tonight?
Page 10 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next