The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series Empty
PostSubject: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:00 pm

Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Kiss Kittehs? that's just nuts, but not surprising they market Kiss on just about everything you can think of even toilet paper.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Heard'em talking bout this on the radio yesterday. Can't say I'm terribly surprised.

It might be interesting to find out what ideas for licensed KISS products/tie-ins that they HAVEN'T approved over the years... I imagine it would be a pretty small list!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:15 am

I have a friend that's about 10 years older than me and we got into an interesting conversation about KISS in the 70s.

He said he discovered them when Hotter Than Hell came out in 1974 (when he was about 18) and became a huge fan and saw them multiple times over the next few years. He said what turned him off about the band eventually was when they started marketing the group to pre-teens. He talked about the KISS lunch boxes, temporary tattoos, KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park and other assorted silliness the band did. He said the final straw for him was seeing them in 1978 and there were all these parents bringing their little kids to the show...all dressed up like members of the band.

He said "Fuck that! Here I am, 21 years old, just looking to get fucked up and bang chicks...not hang out with a bunch of parents bringing their brat kids to the show and giving me shit when I'd light up a joint. I decided there was nothing cool about the band any longer and haven't listened to them since."

I then had to fess up and admit that in 1978 I was one of those brat kids at a KISS concert because I had bugged my Mother until she caved in and took me to see them.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:58 am

Kewl story, SD. At their ages they need to appeal to the geriatric population. KISS suppositories?
Back to top Go down
gershom

gershom

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah SD that's a great story, crazy stuff for sure. As for the Kiss suppositories?
I can see the commercial now, "Is your bum "Hotter than Hell"? then use the Kiss "Destroyer" brand suppositories and Kiss the pain away, then you'll be ready for those "Crazy Nights" when your no longer "Hot in the Shade".
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Haha! Nice, goish! I have one but I'll tell you at work tomorrow...something to laugh about in that shit hole...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm

My kids watch the "Hub" channel that this show will be airing on all the time. They show reruns of "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Animaniacs" in the evenings, so that rules.

I hate to admit it but if this KISS/Kitty show comes on while my kids have this channel on.... I'd probably watch the damn thing. Hahahahaha!!
Back to top Go down
theJOKERiv
Iron Maiden's Towel Boy
theJOKERiv

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My kids watch the "Hub" channel that this show will be airing on all the time. They show reruns of "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Animaniacs" in the evenings, so that rules.

I hate to admit it but if this KISS/Kitty show comes on while my kids have this channel on.... I'd probably watch the damn thing. Hahahahaha!!

Much like any train wreck, it's hard to turn away.....

I would do the same thing if my kids were watching Hub and it came on...... call it morbid curosity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series   Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello KISSy er...Kitty Cartoon Series
Page 1 of 1