Share | 

What I'm Jamming Today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Turned a friend on to ELO last week and told him I wasn't a fan of this album and today he said he spun this first and absolutely loved it so I told him I'd revisit it and I find it to be a fine album indeed.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Charles Mingus-Blues And Roots.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:49 pm

The first really impressive progressive metal album I've heard this year.  These guys cover a lot of ground.  About 50/50 instrumental and vocal, the album was recorded using several different guest vocalists.  

Earthside - A Dream In Static

‎"I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public wants. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you’re doing, even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm

I'm listening to Jackson C. Frank right now and it's put me in a very reflective mood.

I'm thinking of what reason I've felt the need to consistently post on these two forums for so long(HoM and here). I feel like I'm just swept up in the undertow of the board, where I try to share my opinions and have some sort of input and comradery, but I feel like I'm just typing for the sake of typing. No one gives a shit about what I've got to say save for a very select few like Joe, Clay, Shawn and AK, and most of the guys who've been here over the years. I like to think of these places as my home on the internet, and why should I keep living in a home where I'm just a fucking random nobody? Maybe it's just me fulfilling my tendency to over-think and over-analyze every little thing I'm a part of. I just can't help but feel like I'm unappreciated in a place where I never thought I would be. And maybe it's youthful naivete in me that allowed me to believe that metal is a brotherhood where all the wayward kids grow up together & share something powerful and larger than themselves. A forum is a nice way to feel like you've got a voice... and I feel sort of silenced.

I feel like I'm gonna just slowly phase out of here and there. I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:11 pm

I just say, "fuck it" post whatever! For a while I was just posting for my own enjoyment because no one was responding to my posts either. I hate cliques, so I never payed attention to them and would just crash their party anyway.... Might be a bit of an a-hole maneuver, but who cares Smile

But I am also a member of a few other forums like Audiokarma and Vinylengine so I don't worry about it, either.

Hang in there kid, it's not all bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:46 pm

I like that advice, man. I mean, essentially we're all strangers to each other, so it doesn't mean a damn thing if I've got someone's validation or not. Shit just builds up over a long time, ya know.

Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:01 am

........... and now I'm a member of Tapeheads(I guess I was already but forgot). You'll see why in another thread.

Jammin' some nice morning tunes on the TT:

Philip Aaberg - High Plains
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
I'm listening to Jackson C. Frank right now and it's put me in a very reflective mood.

I'm thinking of what reason I've felt the need to consistently post on these two forums for so long(HoM and here). I feel like I'm just swept up in the undertow of the board, where I try to share my opinions and have some sort of input and comradery, but I feel like I'm just typing for the sake of typing. No one gives a shit about what I've got to say save for a very select few like Joe, Clay, Shawn and AK, and most of the guys who've been here over the years. I like to think of these places as my home on the internet, and why should I keep living in a home where I'm just a fucking random nobody? Maybe it's just me fulfilling my tendency to over-think and over-analyze every little thing I'm a part of. I just can't help but feel like I'm unappreciated in a place where I never thought I would be. And maybe it's youthful naivete in me that allowed me to believe that metal is a brotherhood where all the wayward kids grow up together & share something powerful and larger than themselves. A forum is a nice way to feel like you've got a voice... and I feel sort of silenced.

Happened to stop by the place and this post compelled me to log in so here I am.

I know how you feel, Met, I actually like being a random nobody and an outsider and especially since I seem to be thought of as a very social guy since people are always wanting to talk to me it's nice to stay home and away from people but I like the environment of a forum since it's a nice way to talk to people without getting close to somebody but I felt the need to post at HOM and people just ignore my post so I said screw them and here at The Workshop I did my part to keep it going but it appears I'm not too interesting either so I said screw it. Not that I'm pissed off at anybody or anything but it just got to a point where the only way to get responses to my posts was to make another profile and answer myself and I'm not a cyber schizoid. Anyway, if you ever just need to vent man, hit me up on a PM or something, bro.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:59 pm

With all the bonus tracks--I didn't find this album to be amazing at all and didn't see the return to form I expected (which doen't matter to me that it isn't Thrash) but I still find myself really enjoying the hell out of this album.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Jammed the blu-ray version of 4 1/2 and liked it much better than Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Akeldama wrote:
Metal-On-Metal wrote:

Happened to stop by the place and this post compelled me to log in so here I am.

I know how you feel, Met, I actually like being a random nobody and an outsider and especially since I seem to be thought of as a very social guy since people are always wanting to talk to me it's nice to stay home and away from people but I like the environment of a forum since it's a nice way to talk to people without getting close to somebody but I felt the need to post at HOM and people just ignore my post so I said screw them and here at The Workshop I did my part to keep it going but it appears I'm not too interesting either so I said screw it. Not that I'm pissed off at anybody or anything but it just got to a point where the only way to get responses to my posts was to make another profile and answer myself and I'm not a cyber schizoid. Anyway, if you ever just need to vent man, hit me up on a PM or something, bro.

I'll keep that in mind, man.

And I know what you mean. I do think some of it stems from me being so young comparatively to everyone else on these forums. Like some dismiss my opinions' validity because I didn't live through trading cassettes and watching MTV, being trve or whatever other generational divide bullshit that's present. Maybe I should just be on forums for shitty pop-rap that I don't understand the appeal of that all my friends listen to. Razz
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Nah, to me you maybe too "Far Beyond Metal" for most folks...

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:07 pm

TesseracT-Perspective (Instrumental)
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Mestis-Basal Ganglia
Sithu Aye-I
Sithu Aye-Oceania
TesseracT-Perspective (instrumental version of the album)
Tosin Abasi & Misha Mansoor-Optimist/Pessimist
If These Trees Could Talk-Red Forest
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:50 am

Instrumental Version
Back to top Go down
Metal-On-Metal

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:52 pm

damn I wish this place never stopped being active. i loved the discussions here.
Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Mon May 02, 2016 11:47 pm

In honor of my old friend. R.I.P. Jason.

Level 42 - Staring At The Sun
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Tue May 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Tue May 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed May 04, 2016 8:31 am

One fine album from 1977 featuring Idris Muhammad, Hiram Bullock, Michael Brecker, Eric Gale & Wilbur Bascomb.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Metal-On-Metal wrote:
damn I wish this place never stopped being active. i loved the discussions here.

Yeah, I tried doing my part but I also know as far as the boards go I don't have much personality therefore I'm boring and ignored. LOL!

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed May 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed May 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   Wed May 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Prince-Purple Rain
[Expanded-Disc 1] (Bootleg)

Good album there, Joe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Jamming Today.   

Back to top Go down

What I'm Jamming Today.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next