The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chewie

PostSubject: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:28 pm

http://www.plasticsnews.com/article/20140616/MULTIMEDIA01/140619932/material-insights-plastic-manufacturer-gets-back-into-vinyl-records

This is some good news for those who like records. I guess that they had kept their presses and the people who know how to operate them.
Back to top Go down
Special Guest
Easy Target

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I am rather glad that vinyl is making a comeback. They're typically overpriced to no end, but hey, so are CDs.
Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:58 pm

New ones do cost an arm and a leg, but I get those sparingly. I mostly buy used.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:04 pm

I dig the warmth of vinyl but the pops irritate me to no end.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:27 pm

I'll gladly take the occasional "pop" (which is rare if you take care of your vinyl) over badly mastered, overly compressed CDs.

‎"I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public wants. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you’re doing, even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records   

Back to top Go down

Back in Black: Another Manufacturer Returns to Making Vinyl Records
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1