The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Savatage - what say you?

Go down 
+4
corplhicks
theJOKERiv
Fat Freddy
S.D.
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Savatage - what say you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage - what say you?   Savatage - what say you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I bought Fight for the Rock to check it out and complete my Oliva collection. Haven't heard it yet, but read the lyrics to the first song--good god, all of a sudden Stryper's Sing-Along Song seems like Robert Frost's work. Also, the thing comes with a Parental Advisory sticker and even the booklet says Explicit Lyrics--I read through them all and can't find anything the least offensive; not even a fucking swear word!

Back in 1986, having a Parental Advisory sticker on your record was supposed to up your "cool" factor with the kids and hopefully move more copies. The label probably put it on there in a last ditch attempt to sell the damn thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

corplhicks

Savatage - what say you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savatage - what say you?   Savatage - what say you? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
I bought Fight for the Rock to check it out and complete my Oliva collection. Haven't heard it yet, but read the lyrics to the first song--good god, all of a sudden Stryper's Sing-Along Song seems like Robert Frost's work. Also, the thing comes with a Parental Advisory sticker and even the booklet says Explicit Lyrics--I read through them all and can't find anything the least offensive; not even a fucking swear word!

Back in 1986, having a Parental Advisory sticker on your record was supposed to up your "cool" factor with the kids and hopefully move more copies. The label probably put it on there in a last ditch attempt to sell the damn thing. Very Happy

I gotta admit, that sales tactic worked wonders with a kid like me.
Back to top Go down

Savatage - what say you?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Workshop :: Thick As A Brick :: Dr. Music-
Jump to: