The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.   Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:24 pm

One of my friends is a Hammond B3 player named Jim Alfredson who has recorded with his own soul jazz group Organissimo and he's also the touring keyboardist for blues singer Janiva Magness.

He is also a lover of classic 70s progressive rock and decided to assemble a project for the express purpose of further exploring that style.

This video shows Jim tracking on a 1927 Skinner Pipe Organ...

I'll update this once some completed material gets uploaded.

‎"I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public wants. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you’re doing, even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.   Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Here's another clip with some synthesizer...

‎"I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public wants. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you’re doing, even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk
Back to top Go down
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.   Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:16 pm

E. Power Biggs would be proud!

Wow! I really like what I have heard in those two clips. Definitely let me know when this project is done!

Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.   Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:37 pm

I definitely will, Jim is a helluva player so I'm expecting a really good album.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.   

Back to top Go down

Theo - my friend's new progressive rock project.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1