The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits   Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:23 pm

This year marks the 40th anniversary of the LP that started my lifelong music fascination. I consider this to be the first LP I actually owned...even if in reality my Mother bought it when I was 4 and I claimed it!

My favorite Doobie Brothers album, all their different styles are on display, the production (Ted Templeman) is superb.

‎"I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public wants. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you’re doing, even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits   Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:06 pm

What a great album which also has a slew of great guest musicians like Arlo Guthrie, Skunk Baxter, etc.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman

PostSubject: Re: Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits   Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:17 am

There was a lot more to the Doobies than just their hits...

Check out this bad ass little Santana variation, great groove, great vocal harmonies, this is grade A arranging.  

‎"I say, play your own way. Don’t play what the public wants. You play what you want and let the public pick up on what you’re doing, even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years." - Thelonious Monk
Back to top Go down
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits   Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:32 pm

My favorite of theirs. Damn, I haven't listened to the Doobies in a long time. Need to pull this one back out.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin

PostSubject: Re: Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits   Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
There was a lot more to the Doobies than just their hits...

Check out this bad ass little Santana variation, great groove, great vocal harmonies, this is grade A arranging.  

I was actually gonna mention that song as my fave on that album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits   

Back to top Go down

Happy 40th: What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1