The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Tea Party

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:48 pm

Note: The Video for Temptation doesn't do the album version justice.

[youtube]

From Wikipedia:

The Tea Party was a Canadian rock band with blues, progressive rock, Indian and Middle Eastern influences, dubbed "Moroccan roll" by the media. Active throughout the 1990s up until 2005 when the band broke up, The Tea Party released eight albums on EMI Music Canada, selling 1.6 million records worldwide, and achieving a #1 Canadian single "Heaven Coming Down" in 1999.
The Tea Party toured Canada on twenty-one occasions and Australia on twelve. In November 2002, The Tea Party toured Canada with symphony orchestras reinterpreting a decade's worth of shared songwriting. Their career together ended abruptly in 2005 due to creative differences.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:00 am

Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 am

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 am

Sounds good so far. Kinda reminds of a rockier version of Lords Of The New Church, or something similar. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:28 am

DeathCult wrote:
Sounds good so far. Kinda reminds of a rockier version of Lords Of The New Church, or something similar. I like it.
. Start with Splendor Solis, The Edges Of Twilight and The Interzone Mantras.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Hey D, if you like Siena Root you should like these guys.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:07 pm

I've definitely heard these guys, it's just been quite awhile. I used to work in a used CD store in the late 90's and the one dude there was a FANATIC of The Tea Party. We used to listen to them quite a bit in the store.

He only liked 2 bands, The Tea Party and Led Zeppelin, I was never able to successfully convert him to any other bands.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Shawn

Shawn

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:56 am

I've always heard good things about this band...I really need to take some time and dig into them. I wish I had YouTube at work so I could hear that link...
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm

I recommend The Edges Of Twilight For Starters then Splendor Solis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tea Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tea Party   The Tea Party I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tea Party
Page 1 of 1