The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun Empty
PostSubject: Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun   Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun 41GU8wHR8XL._SL160_AA160_

I've been jamming this all day so I wanted to comment on this album & see how ya'll felt about it.

I bought this album the day it came out in 1997 and straight out of the box it grabbed me, Freedom is a great opening track. In fact I like every song on the album especially 1-7 & 9, 10, 13 & 15. Since I wasn't around when all the posthumous Hendrix releases within the first 10 years came out all these songs were "new" to me. Personally I think this would've been Jimi's finest work and in fact it is even though it wasn't an official release approved by Jimi. I like the direction he was taking musically with the funk elements and his arrangements are a lot more complex than on his first 3 albums. Even on songs like "South Saturn Delta" from South Saturn Delta had a nice Jazz feel to it and I liked that a lot. One can only imagine what First Rays Of The New Rising Sun would've sounded like had Jimi lived to complete it. I give this album a 10 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Akeldama
Cagey Cretin
Akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun   Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:29 am

Either you guys don't like this album or you don't like my posts/threads. More than likely the latter.
Back to top Go down
S.D.
The Subhuman
S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun   Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 am

Akeldama wrote:
Either you guys don't like this album or you don't like my posts/threads. More than likely the latter.

Neither! affraid

I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, haven't had a chance to respond much. Love this album, will post some thoughts later.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun   Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:19 am

Great album! I loved how they took Cry Of Love (easily the BEST posthumous collection) and integrated it with other tracks to make it similar to his original vision
Back to top Go down
manny

manny

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun   Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:30 pm

I love the album and it is a huge improvement over the original releases 'Cry of Love' that was released in 1971.

It is interesting that in the three short years Jimi Hendrix's music changed and morphed from 'Are you Experienced?' to the r 7b soulful 2nd LP 'Axis; bold As Love' to electic 'Electric Ladyland' to what have been with 'First Rays' where he embraces all the styles and at the same time seems to be moving forward.

Also the album has one Jimi Hendrix's more touching ballads, 'Angel' dedicated to his mother, a woman he barely knew.

I would love to have seen what direction Hendrix would have taken.

IMO the death of Jimi Hendrix was the biggest loss of any musician in the rock world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun   Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jimi Hendrix-First Rays Of The New Rising Sun
Page 1 of 1