The Workshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Workshop Of The Telescopes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! Empty
PostSubject: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:38 pm

Hells yeah! I'm gonna be recording me a whole mess of these!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
Delicious Vomit
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 pm

That should be cool, but why the fuck is that channel called Sy fy and not sci fi??
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:08 pm

Apparently they couldn't trademark the term "Sci-Fi" so they changed the spelling... it's a "Branding" thing. Ghey.

Skimmed thru the program guide today and decided that I'm gonna record about a 6-hr block's worth of shows tomorrow afternoon, ending with my all time fave Zone, "Time Enough At Last" with Burgess Meredith as the little guy who wishes he had more time to read...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:50 pm

I totally OD'd on SyFy's "Twilight Zone" marathon... it'll take me forever to watch all the eps I recorded... but I did sit down specifically to watch "Time Enough At Last" w/Burgess Meredith... my fave episode of the entire series. I feel so damn sorry for that guy @ the end... you just go "Awwwww, man that SUCKS!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

watch it here if you don't know what I'm talking about:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Transmaniacon MC
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:45 pm

I recorded a bunch of em too, and only took the time to watch my favorites so far, but man do I love some of those shows. Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up? is one of my all time favorite shows.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Stormtrooper Of Pabst
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 7:57 pm

DeathCult wrote:
. Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up? is one of my all time favorite shows.

That's a good one too, with all the people in the diner!

I also watched the one with Barry Nelson and his wife waking up after a party to find themselves trapped in an empty town made of stage props and paper mache (forget the name of it)... at the end the camera pulls back and they're in a little kid's doll house set up ("Honey, be careful with your new pets! Your father brought them all the way from Earth!") ...

During the marathon they kept pimping this 28-DVD set of the entire series in a big box... I was droolin' at the thought but I'm sure it's gotta be expensive as hell...
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Haunter Of The Dark
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:22 pm

I know the classic TZs by heart so much, I rarely watch the marathons anymore. I taped them when WGN was running them every night back in the 80s and watched then over and over and over. I think it's probably the only big anthology series I do NOT have on dvd because I'm too familiar with all the stories.

The definitive collections and regular sets will probably be going down in price once the blu ray's start coming out this year.

Just keep those Tales from the Darkside's coming, then someone put out Monsters! dammit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Man/Monkey Hybrid
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm

I missed the marathon this time around, but I watched quite a few of the episodes the last time some channel was running a marathon. Might have been the Sci-Fi channel, but I don't remember.

I found it amusing to see so many episodes that the Simpsons re-worked into many of the early Treehouse of Terror Halloween shows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!   Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel!
Page 1 of 1